Would you buy an F6B with DCT

Thread: Would you buy an F6B with DCT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No interest whatsoever. Been riding since 1974 with a clutch and any other way would just feel odd.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Personally I am looking forward to a total electric Gold Wing. That would eliminate exhaust, transmission, and shift leaver plus engine coolant.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Shifting gears on my Hayabusa seems normal..anything on a Wing,not so much.Bring on the DCT......Rode around on a 750 Hondamatic when I was 16..thought it was a Caddy,I'll take it back in a heart beat especially with paddle shifting.
    2015 Blue F6B deluxe
    2014 Concours 14

I own and commute daily on a CTX700 with DCT it's a really nice ride. It's more refined from the first gen found in the DN01 so gone are the mid turn shifts.
    Shooter there is no parasitic loss as it has two plate style wet clutches which allows the manual 6spd to be in two gears at the same time. which clutch is engaged determines which gear your in. It has three modes, full manual that allows you to manually paddle shift, Sport mode(most like normal riding), and Drive mode which is total economy(gets you to 6th gear at 37MPH). Honda would make a mint selling DCT equipped Wings to be triked for riders with limited physical abilities. I let a friend whole lost his left arm below the elbow try my CTX out. He is now back on two wheels, and rides with the hook.
    So yes I would buy one.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red