Would you buy an F6B with DCT - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you buy an F6B with DCT

You just can't compare Honda's DCT with anything in the motorcycle market. Nothing else comes close. It's not a slush box. It has real clutches, two of them. I wasn't really sold on the DCT when I bought the CTX for my wife(she moved to the CTX from a Suzuki 650 Savage) she wanted the ABS more than anything. The only way to get ABS on the CTX is with the DCT. Once we got used to not grabbing for the nonexistent clutch lever when stopping it doesn't feel odd at all. Honda's chassis computer works really well and keeps the rider of the DCT from doing stupid things. If the front wheel isn't turning the rear will only go 20MPH and not shift - no wheelies or burnouts. In any mode you can't force a downshift that will chirp the rear tire or over rev the engine. When you brake hard enough to activate the antilock system the tranny also downshifts to the best gear to power out of trouble all way to full stop. It's really fun I've played with it on closed tight course, autocross for motorcycles, dive hard into turns grab all the brakes, turn the bike wide open coming out, no clutching no shifting just brake steer throttle.
    Honda is putting out the Africa Twin in a 1000cc with DCT for 2017.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

If anybody wants some more info on the DCT check out the link below.

http://world.honda-dct.com/
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

I just test rode a Can Am spyder this past weekend, While I didn't care for the overall way the vehicle rode and Im sure a lot of it was me being the problem, I did love the automatic in those. I really would consider an automatic Goldwing....