Would you buy an F6B with DCT
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy an F6B with DCT

Would you buy an F6B with DCT

Would you purchase an F6B with a DCT automatic transmission?

I wouldn't buy ANY vehicle with an automatic transmission if I could help it.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I Would

I would. The VFR 1200 had a dual clutch transmission that looked nice. I think it had a semi auto mode. Some are speculating the next generation of the wing will have one.

shooter
    At this point I don't think they are as durable as our standard unit. From what I've seen there is a much bigger parasitic loss with a DCT than a standard trans. So my answer is no. With the broad torque band of the B I can safely say its the least shifted bike I've ever owned.

If I hadn't already bought my F6B, and they had a DCT model available, I probably would if the pricing wasn't insane. I came from the NM4 which had the DCT...as long as it has the manual mode so I could paddle shift through the turns instead of having the bike shift mid-turn on me, it would be something nice to have for those twisty roads. The DCT would also be nice for the morning and afternoon commutes through the hellish traffic. Steep road stoplights, sitting in traffic, idling and not having to work a clutch lever for shifting up and down, just a few of the things I enjoyed about the DCT. Now...would I trade my current F6B in for a newer model with DCT...nope. I've gotten used to her with the manual. Jumping to another F6B just for a new option isn't worth it. Besides, I think an F6B with a DCT is most likely going to add significant cost to the bike.

No interest whatsoever. Been riding since 1974 with a clutch and any other way would just feel odd.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Personally I am looking forward to a total electric Gold Wing. That would eliminate exhaust, transmission, and shift leaver plus engine coolant.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Shifting gears on my Hayabusa seems normal..anything on a Wing,not so much.Bring on the DCT......Rode around on a 750 Hondamatic when I was 16..thought it was a Caddy,I'll take it back in a heart beat especially with paddle shifting.
    2015 Blue F6B deluxe
    2014 Concours 14

I own and commute daily on a CTX700 with DCT it's a really nice ride. It's more refined from the first gen found in the DN01 so gone are the mid turn shifts.
    Shooter there is no parasitic loss as it has two plate style wet clutches which allows the manual 6spd to be in two gears at the same time. which clutch is engaged determines which gear your in. It has three modes, full manual that allows you to manually paddle shift, Sport mode(most like normal riding), and Drive mode which is total economy(gets you to 6th gear at 37MPH). Honda would make a mint selling DCT equipped Wings to be triked for riders with limited physical abilities. I let a friend whole lost his left arm below the elbow try my CTX out. He is now back on two wheels, and rides with the hook.
    So yes I would buy one.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

I'd like to ride one

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Would you purchase an F6B with a DCT automatic transmission?
    Not sure if I'd buy the DCT if it were offered but would certainly like to ride one to find out. I wouldn't dismiss it at this point.