Black Paint / need care and eventually painting advice

Thread: Black Paint / need care and eventually painting advice

Black Paint / need care and eventually painting advice

I don't know if this was the correct way to do this but I did it anyway and I like the results. I have the black paint which came with scratches and scuffs from the dealer. I have been thinking about doing something about it but have been too busy just ridding the hell out of the bike. I know others have racked up a lot of miles but for me I have put a lot more miles on this bike than any other. I have ridden over 17,000 miles in 14 months and loved every mile.

F6B
    I used a little Turtle Wax rubbing compound to rub out the scuffs and freshen up the top layer of the paint. I then put on several layers of Liquid Glass. It came out fairly nice but a few of the deeper scratches did not come out. These were on the front fender where I park behind my other Honda motorcycle and occasionally bump the rear fender when coming home late at night or half a sleep. (Completely my fault) I did the Liquid Glass in open sun light in St Louis 99 degree temps. I will add several more coats of Liquid Glass over the next few weeks in the hot sun. How long do you leave the Liquid Glass on the bike before wiping it off?

One good thing is I guess we don't have to worry about rust!!!
    I think I may attempt to repaint the front fender that has the scratches.

I am going to play around with re-painting the 99 Honda Accord. At least I am going to sand off the clear coat and prime it. I have an air compressor and cheap paint gun from Home Depot Husky 2 gun set. Will this be OK to shoot primer? I think I will need to get a real gun to paint the color????

I am also going to get a old 1981 CB750K gas tank and paint it. I don't want to mess with my original tank. It is 35 years old and has nostalgia (I am the original owner I bought it when I was 21)

2001 Acura TL type S / 99 Honda Accord
    I have been researching about my other two Honda vehicles attempting to get the terrible paint situation under control. The clear coat is falling off the cars. I am going to have to sand off the clear coat and then prime, base coat, and clear coat the 99 Honda Accord. My 2001 Acura TL is starting to loose its clear coat on the edges. So I guess I really need to do the same to it.

1981 Honda CB750K
    No paint problems other than scratches and dings I put in over the last 35 years. (nostalgia)

2003 Honda Odyssey
    No paint problems other than scratches and dings my daughters have put on over the last 13 years.

I used Glare wax on my 2013 black F6B in April. It was a 4 step wax and it is holding up great.
    http://www.glare.com/products