Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
The loss of a definitive cut-off is pretty typical for both HID and LED replacement bulbs. In my own case, beam pattern control was the worst with HID's and acceptable with LED's. Your color match with the turn signal switchbacks looks pretty good too.

I have a couple of questions for you...first, was a spacer supplied in the kit so that the retaining spring could properly secure the bulb? And second, do you use the stock rubber boot to seal the opening?
If you look at the product page on Rivco's wesite, you can see that the bulb actually has a small fan at it's base. The bulb and fan unit are all one piece. The factory bulb adapter is re-used basically as a connector.

You can see in the instructions that the connector at Picture 3B goes into the OEM adapter which then plugs into the bike's power. http://rivcoproducts.com/instruction...truct_3-16.pdf

The wire retainer is removed in the install and replaced by a spring clip that holds the unit in place. You can see it in 4A of the instructions. I will say that I did bend that spring clip a bit more to create a little more tension. I'm not sure I had to but it didn't hurt anything.

You can also see that the rubber boot is use to seal this unit into the head light fixture. See 3A