general seat question

Thread: general seat question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    That is kinda what I'm wondering...if seat "aids" are just as much an improvement, at the end of the day, as a new $650 seat.

Having said that...my vanity might still steer me to a new seat bec ause air pads and beads don't look as "cool" ...and yes, I am almost ashamed to admit that my ride is about the ride, my comfort, and how the whole package looks.
    That took a lot of guts to say that, you have just identified the Harley Conundrum Syndrome, of which I am a survivor. If you need a "Function Over Form" intervention I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That took a lot of guts to say that, you have just identified the Harley Conundrum Syndrome, of which I am a survivor. If you need a "Function Over Form" intervention I'm here.
    HA! Thanks. Not there yet.I do believe, though, that the appeal of some things is the whole package...I can live with some give and take among form, function and cost! For example, my rivco pegs sacrifice PERFECT location and TOTAL ease of accessability (sometimes hard to flip them out) to maintain, to me, a sleekness and simplicity I wanted to the bike- they work fine though. On the other hand, my ram mount stuffkills some of my clean lines, for when I need the necessary drink or nav...any way. MY NAME IS RICK AND I'M A FORMAHOLIC!

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    HA! Thanks. Not there yet.I do believe, though, that the appeal of some things is the whole package...I can live with some give and take among form, function and cost! For example, my rivco pegs sacrifice PERFECT location and TOTAL ease of accessability (sometimes hard to flip them out) to maintain, to me, a sleekness and simplicity I wanted to the bike- they work fine though. On the other hand, my ram mount stuffkills some of my clean lines, for when I need the necessary drink or nav...any way. MY NAME IS RICK AND I'M A FORMAHOLIC!
    The first step to getting better is to admit you have a problem.