general seat question - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: general seat question

I did a 460 mile ride yesterday and I ride on a Corbin seat and use a gel Propad for a slight lift. About 300 miles in that pad was hot to the touch and I had to take it off the bike. I have been looking into the Beadrider pad and after reading this i'm leaning that way a little more.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I too am in this for the comfort ride. Couldn't give two sheets what onlookers think. I bought this machine for me, not them. The stock seat is def not working for me. It starts killing me at about 50 miles, Bicycle riding shorts under the Wranglers helps but I need to invest in a good long rider seat. Question, if I call Ultimate up and ask for the 'Shooter Special', they will know EXACTLY what I want, right? That seat is too cool looking. From my point of view of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    HA! Thanks. Not there yet.I do believe, though, that the appeal of some things is the whole package...I can live with some give and take among form, function and cost! For example, my rivco pegs sacrifice PERFECT location and TOTAL ease of accessability (sometimes hard to flip them out) to maintain, to me, a sleekness and simplicity I wanted to the bike- they work fine though. On the other hand, my ram mount stuffkills some of my clean lines, for when I need the necessary drink or nav...any way. MY NAME IS RICK AND I'M A FORMAHOLIC!
    The first step to getting better is to admit you have a problem.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
    I too am in this for the comfort ride. Couldn't give two sheets what onlookers think. I bought this machine for me, not them. The stock seat is def not working for me. It starts killing me at about 50 miles, Bicycle riding shorts under the Wranglers helps but I need to invest in a good long rider seat. Question, if I call Ultimate up and ask for the 'Shooter Special', they will know EXACTLY what I want, right? That seat is too cool looking. From my point of view of course.
    Mike ask for Libby. Very nice lady. She will know what you're talking about. Mike unless you're under 6 ft you will want a King. The midrider really pushes you forward. For me at least , the King is the same reach to the bars as stock.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Mike ask for Libby. Very nice lady. She will know what you're talking about. Mike unless you're under 6 ft you will want a King. The midrider really pushes you forward. For me at least , the King is the same reach to the bars as stock.
    Not true in all cases. You have to test fit if you are not sure. I'm 5'10" with 30" inseam and fit in the King seat comfortably.

The only perceptible change (other than the increased comfort) is that I no longer can flat foot the bike while sitting. I am now touching the ground with the balls of my feet. But that is of no concern to me.

(The ball of the foot is the padded portion of the sole between the toes and the arch, underneath the heads of the metatarsal bones, on which the weight of the body rests when the heel is raised)

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Not true in all cases. You have to test fit if you are not sure. I'm 5'10" with 30" inseam and fit in the King seat comfortably.

The only perceptible change (other than the increased comfort) is that I no longer can flat foot the bike while sitting. I am now touching the ground with the balls of my feet. But that is of no concern to me.

(The ball of the foot is the padded portion of the sole between the toes and the arch, underneath the heads of the metatarsal bones, on which the weight of the body rests when the heel is raised)
    well, that screws me up! LOL I was convinced that my 5' 8.5" height and 31.5" inseam (measure from crotch to floor, not length of good fitting pants) made the mid-rider a no brainer.;..Is the fit of the seat such that your arms are slightly bent even when you sit back against the back of the seat? Do you think that your more aggressive riding style makes the king a better fit for you??

well, that screws me up! LOL I was convinced that my 5' 8.5" height and 31.5" inseam (measure from crotch to floor, not length of good fitting pants) made the mid-rider a no brainer.;..Is the fit of the seat such that your arms are slightly bent even when you sit back against the back of the seat? Do you think that your more aggressive riding style makes the king a better fit for you??

Yes, I can push the rear of my posterior to the back of the driver's seat; and still maintain a good bend in my elbows. And since the seat is sitting me slightly higher; I feel to have better control of the bike during maneuvering left or right.

I wanted 'room" in the saddle; the Ultimate Midrider was not going to give me that. I also did not want to increase the bend in my hips and knee's; the Midrider was going to do that by pushing me forward.

I'm also on vacation now... so I have a lot of idle time before we jet out Wednesday. I'll snap a pic of myself on my bike; so you can get a good visual of how the Ultimate King seat accommodates me.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam and I did not like the mid rider position. I felt it pushed me too far forward.
    I do like to scoot forward on my stock seat when riding aggressively in twisties but I don't want to be locked into that position. I also like to slide back and stretch out when cruising; the mid rider took that position away from me. I could not fully extend my legs on my ergo 3's while on the mid rider.

I'm hoping to try a Corbin before I decide but I wouldn't hesitate to order an Ultimate King based on my experience with the mid-rider.

5'11" with 31" inseam. I should be good with the King, right? Thing that kind of sucks now is I already have a mid height clearview with recurve and I was thinking its still not the height I need for clean air. Since the king brings you up a little I may be more inclined to get a different shield. Knew I should have read the part in the forums about getting your seat squared away before you spend money on a shield. Dayammit.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
    5'11" with 31" inseam. I should be good with the King, right? Thing that kind of sucks now is I already have a mid height clearview with recurve and I was thinking its still not the height I need for clean air. Since the king brings you up a little I may be more inclined to get a different shield. Knew I should have read the part in the forums about getting your seat squared away before you spend money on a shield. Dayammit.
    I try and I try.....lol.

We tend to take care of the nearest alligator to our faces - for most that's the windscreen.
    With unlimited resources, the seat/pegs/windscreen/helibars would all be taken care of at one place at one time with one check with money we wouldn't even miss.
    However, that's not the world most of us live in......

So, we do the best we can with what we've got.
    Carry on!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce