Dress shoes or boots - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dress shoes or boots

We had pics in the Air Force safety meetings of someone that wore their wedding ring while playing basketball. Lay up ended up with the ring catching the net hook and tadat, degloving of the ring finger skin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Just posting the links (will not post the pictures). If these don't make one think and reconsider... nothing will.

Warning! Graphic images below!

http://baggers.bikernet.com/docs/sto...ned%20foot.jpg

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=af1_1350245320
    You'll never convince hundred's of thousands of bikers who ride without protection. It has to happen to them first. I see too much of it to think otherwise.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    You'll never convince hundred's of thousands of bikers who ride without protection. It has to happen to them first. I see too much of it to think otherwise.
    And? I don't intend to convince anyone of anything. I wore a uniform for over 28 years so people could make life choices.
    I'm cool with that.

All I ask is that people who make choices don't tap - unplanned or planned - the "common checkbook" to aid in their results/recovery of their choices.
    I.E. make sure you are $$$ covered so my tax money doesn't have to pay for your choices.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Boots

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    Wear boots & keep loafers in your saddlebag. Switch when you get wherever, or don't.
    Great response....never skimp on safety in case you go down

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    We had pics in the Air Force safety meetings of someone that wore their wedding ring while playing basketball. Lay up ended up with the ring catching the net hook and tadat, degloving of the ring finger skin.
    Ditto, worked with a guy who started to fall coming down a ladder shipboard and his wedding band caught on the scuttle a degloved the ring finger.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    And? I don't intend to convince anyone of anything. I wore a uniform for over 28 years so people could make life choices.
    I'm cool with that.

All I ask is that people who make choices don't tap - unplanned or planned - the "common checkbook" to aid in their results/recovery of their choices.
    I.E. make sure you are $$$ covered so my tax money doesn't have to pay for your choices.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve, with all due respect to your position here and the knowledge you have, this response to my post kind of ticked me off. I don't try to convince anyone of anything. I offer my opinions. You seemed to pick on that one word. I'm a veteran too, and I believe in the freedom we have. I didn't post the graphic photo's. Maybe what I should have said is, you can't fix stupid when it comes to wearing gear while riding. But, to each his own. Plus, the common checkbook is already tapped by life choices...this subject, smoking, drugs, etc. What I have to pay for medical in weekly deductions and co-pays proves that. I got hit by a car, I had full gear on, and trust me, the checkbook payment would have been much worse if I didn't.

As Ron White once said..." I had the right to remain silent, I didn't have the ability".

I'm cool with that.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve, with all due respect to your position here and the knowledge you have, this response to my post kind of ticked me off. I don't try to convince anyone of anything. I offer my opinions. You seemed to pick on that one word. I'm a veteran too, and I believe in the freedom we have. I didn't post the graphic photo's. Maybe what I should have said is, you can't fix stupid when it comes to wearing gear while riding. But, to each his own. Plus, the common checkbook is already tapped by life choices...this subject, smoking, drugs, etc. What I have to pay for medical in weekly deductions and co-pays proves that. I got hit by a car, I had full gear on, and trust me, the checkbook payment would have been much worse if I didn't.

As Ron White once said..." I had the right to remain silent, I didn't have the ability".
    wjduke,
    First, I am open to any and all thoughts & opinions on this forum - no one should feel the need to remain silent.
    I apologize if I "ticked you off." Not my intent as I truly believe we are on the same page.

I realize you don't try to convince anyone of anything - and I was agreeing with you in that I don't try and do that either - because you are right: willful ignorance cannot be fixed.
    We both wore the uniform and defended people's liberty to make willfully ignorant choices. "To each his own" as you stated.
    I just don't like it when those people also operate illegally by not having proper insurance and then the public funds need to be used to reconcile their errors.

I sent a PM further explaining my position on this - please let me know where we differ.
    I'll buy the first several rounds in Arkansas if I fail to explain myself properly.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

wjduke,
    First, I am open to any and all thoughts & opinions on this forum - no one should feel the need to remain silent.
    I apologize if I "ticked you off." Not my intent as I truly believe we are on the same page.

I realize you don't try to convince anyone of anything - and I was agreeing with you in that I don't try and do that either - because you are right: willful ignorance cannot be fixed.
    We both wore the uniform and defended people's liberty to make willfully ignorant choices. "To each his own" as you stated.
    I just don't like it when those people also operate illegally by not having proper insurance and then the public funds need to be used to reconcile their errors.

I sent a PM further explaining my position on this - please let me know where we differ.
    I'll buy the first several rounds in Arkansas if I fail to explain myself properly.

Cheers,
    Steve
    We're good!

shoes

i know all riders have a different opinion on this .
    but honestly shoes, jacket , helmet , gloves and safety gear should be let those who ride decide ,
    i don't think people are ignorant for not wearing a helmet or the kind of shoes they wear .
    i also don't condone guys on the freeway doing wellies as long as they not playing with my safety, we are good .
    i ride with whatever shoes i have on at the moment .
    if i going for a day of riding i try to dress for the occasion . but going back and forward to work ,the gym , and every other occasion i ride with whatever shoes i wearing for the day and every time i visit NH,RI or any other state the is not helmet law . i take mine off . just love the feeling of the air and sun on my bald head .
    Ride Safe Everyone !
    Ride what makes you happy I do and right now it is my F6B

We're good!
    I would've held out for at least for those free drinks

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537