The great seat debate decided
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The great seat debate decided

The great seat debate decided

I have reading everything on this site I can for months concerning F6B seats. I have owned Mustang and Corbin seats in the past and had good service from them. I was set to buy a Corbin until the post about them having to be removed to get the side panel off. I also considered the Mustang because with a 31" inseam I could use the drop the Mustang offered. I decided against it and it was between the RDL and Hartco. I read a lot about the RDL which really had my attention actually raised seat height a little so it was out. I called a Mark at Hartco which is located about 3 hours north of me and after our conversation on Monday I sent him a check on Tuesday. I am buying the most expensive saddle I have ever purchased in 53 years of motorcycles. At this point in life with a bad back and other not so good parts it may be a blessing. Thanks to all on this site who have taken part in these discussions. Your shared knowledge was very useful.I plan to ride up and pick up the seat personally. I will report back after I start to use it. Regards to all. F6Broy

Best of luck!
    This getting o**** & wiser thing is starting to suck....

Cheers,
    Steve

PS - it does beat the permanent alternative though....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Thanks

Thanks Steve. This getting old stuff isn't for wimps! Stay in the wind!! Roy

That is the best part of the forum, information, besides the commeraderie and inability to upload pictures it's the volume of information on anything you may be looking to buy for the "B". And that's a big ticket item so it's really valuable to have the input. I'd say upload some pictures of the final product but we know that's like teets on a bull.

Enjoy your new seat. I picked up a damn near brand new Hartco at the beginning of riding season and love it. It is so nice not having butt burn any more.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Hartco

Yesterday I got up early and took the 175 mile ride on my "B" to Crescent City , Fl. Where I was met by Mark the owner of Hartco and presented my new seat. The seat was beautifully crafted in a grey Osterich will reverse "S" pattern. It looks great. Mark worked hard in severe heat to install the seat. He was great to work with from start to finish. The seat is the nicest I have owned in over 50 years of riding with over 40 bikes. The good lord decided that me and my new seat would have an adventure on the way home with heavy rain and lightening to the point that my 3 hour drive became a 5 hour sometimes scary adventure. I had to get off I-95 because the cagers were crazy and visibility went to zero for a while. Through all that I enjoyed the best back support I have ever had in a seat and great comfort for my non existent butt. Again thanks to all for the great seat debate that lead to my decision and to Mark at Hartco for being a truce gentleman to work with. F6Broy

F6Broy,

40 motorcycles in 50 years!!?? Wow. When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
    I assume, of course, that you haven't just been misplacing them.

allen

No

Allen, severe addiction. Sometimes owning 3 at a time when finances allowed. Can only do one at a time now. But t is a beauty. Roy

seat

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    Yesterday I got up early and took the 175 mile ride on my "B" to Crescent City , Fl. Where I was met by Mark the owner of Hartco and presented my new seat. The seat was beautifully crafted in a grey Osterich will reverse "S" pattern. It looks great. Mark worked hard in severe heat to install the seat. He was great to work with from start to finish. The seat is the nicest I have owned in over 50 years of riding with over 40 bikes. The good lord decided that me and my new seat would have an adventure on the way home with heavy rain and lightening to the point that my 3 hour drive became a 5 hour sometimes scary adventure. I had to get off I-95 because the cagers were crazy and visibility went to zero for a while. Through all that I enjoyed the best back support I have ever had in a seat and great comfort for my non existent butt. Again thanks to all for the great seat debate that lead to my decision and to Mark at Hartco for being a truce gentleman to work with. F6Broy
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your seat Roy. I am about 2 hrs away from you and I was wondering if I could meet up with you and try out your seat. Would be more than happy to buy you breakfast or lunch. I have had my B for a little over a year now and still have the stock seat but don't know what seat to get. It is a big $ decision so I would like to get something I would be happy with, and you sound content with yours. Anyway I would like to see and sit on yours if possible, thanks in advance.

I have had both Mustang and Corbin seats and the Corbin does NOT need to be removed to get the side covers off.

The Mustang yes but the covers come off just fine with the Corbin in place.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.