Black Lives Matter.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter....

I have friends that are cops, all of them tell me that some of the rumors are true. They look at people differently. they treat people differently. this is based on how people treat each other and the police. how it was explained to me: If you patrol, and see all walks of life for a period of time, you see patterns. Patterns of behavior that are consistent through every race. the stereotypes are true, Whites usually think they did nothing wrong, and are dismissive but will obey commands. Asians are most likely to drive poorly and will be ashamed when challenged, hispanics are afraid, and will most likely lie. African americans will be the hardest to deal with, as they, EVEN when wrong, will fight you and lie, they fight most often and will run most often.

They go on to say, now, when you deal with this day in and day out, for years, you develop techniques to deal with each person sometimes, you go in with compassion, sometimes force. that's the way it is.

The solution? well that's easy to answer. the cops treat people differently, because they are treated differently. It comes down to personal responsibility. Act the same and you will be treated the same!

Don't do crime, and if you do get caught, then man up!

I was taught during a stop to turn on the lights, if needed, treat the officer with respect, as you did something wrong. In the south you announce that you have a permit to carry and keep your hands in plain view! move when instructed to.

it baffles me when people run from cops, or fight them. I feel guilty calling out the behavior of other folks, as a white guy i'm told it's "white privilege" which is a crock of BS. People of all color need to take responsibility for their actions " if you want to be treated with respect, then give it! If you want to be treated like a punk, then act like one!

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Why do the shootings by police officers recently seem senseless? Have you seen or witnessed all the evidence? Why qualify the unrest with the word senseless? How many police shootings have there been in the last few weeks? Are they all senseless? How about we let the facts play out and not let the media and snipets from idiots enrage us?

Condolences to the police officers families. Every officer that goes to work has one priority, and that is to return home to their family.
    Correct. We may never hear the truth if we depend on the media to report it. Unless you live there or know someone the truth may be hard to find

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    As I said 'seem senseless" and did I qualify the unrest w/the word senseless, no. Just my opinions on what I , you and most Americans have read, seen video of or how ever your news is delivered to you. I have a brother, as I said that is a cop, I have no hatred for cops, I have no particular bone to pick w/people of color, black, African American. Being a relatively or like to think so, intelligent, informed man I base my "opinion" on what I hear, see and read because that is all I have and I can still have an opinion.

So make of my post as you wish, that is your right and form your own opinion of what you think I mean, that is your right. But don't read to much into it, it's just one mans gut opinion, not necessarily a condemnation of anyone.
    I'm not making anything out of your post other than, why in the same breath of words about the murder of police officers would one want to add the killing of two others in which not all of the facts are in and refer to it as seems senseless? Seems senseless verifies that you are commenting on limited facts. Unfortunately we have so many that rile the masses into a frenzy with nothing but a shred of facts. Take as an example our glorious leader when he vilified an entire police department because his friend had a run in with ONE police officer. His bigotry of police showed through vehemently. I will blame the entire police department before I even know anything about what happened. That there aintnot so responsible for our great nobel prize doofus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

My condolences to all the victims of this senseless act of violence. This should put America on alert to elect the person that can lead us away from the destructive path we are on. I find nothing in past achievements of either candidate to indicate they have any concept of problem solving.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

My condolences for all the families involved in this tragedy. It is sad that these incidents are continuing to increase. Are there misguided cops our there? yes, but are there misguided citizens out there? absolutely, which is why police are needed. Police in general are reactive at best. We respond to situations cause something has happened and we get called in. There are times when we are proactive, like traffic enforcement units, drug units, Domestic violence units etc, but even in these units, we are reacting to something(ex:running a red light, selling drugs, beating on your wife) People need to understand that we DON'T get up in the morning and say oh man, I hope I get the chance to shoot someone today while doing my job.... Can the same be said about the CRIMINALS that go out with their gun? Do they say I hope I don't have to shoot someone today as I go out to sell drugs, or rob someone, or burglarize a business....We do however get up and pray to make it home to our families at the end of the tour. Police have a tough job, which is getting tougher everyday because some of the people we swear to protect are siding with the criminals. I have seen where a police officer is trying to make an arrest and people pull the police officer off to allow the criminal to get away. Where would we be if the police just stopped....didn't come when you called, didn't do traffic enforcement and a drunk driver hit one of your loved ones. How would you, the victim of a crime, feel looking into the eye of the police officer as he as he says to you, I'd like to help you, but I may get sued or I may go to jail if I do anything that would be viewed as too aggressive to the public. Listen, I sympathize when someone loses their life and if it was done with malice it should be dealt with appropriately no matter who you are. I grew up in a time when the police had a heavier hand, and as a Hispanic male, who has been discriminated against, I can tell you I have never had a gun pulled on me by a police officer because of what I was doing. any officer that I came across, I treated with respect and therefore given respect in return. I have had my share of traffic tickets and was even taken to the police station yet here I am alive and well. I grew up with values of helping your fellow man instead of hurting them. I have worked as a Paramedic for 30 years and a Police Officer for 14 years now. We as a society have to stop this "anarchic mindset". Support your police whenever you can cause as shown last night, they are the ones to run into the danger to protect others. My prayers go out to the families of these fallen Police officers...Greater love has no man than this, to lay down one's life for his friend

I'm not making anything out of your post other than, why in the same breath of words about the murder of police officers would one want to add the killing of two others in which not all of the facts are in and refer to it as seems senseless? Seems senseless verifies that you are commenting on limited facts. Unfortunately we have so many that rile the masses into a frenzy with nothing but a shred of facts. Take as an example our glorious leader when he vilified an entire police department because his friend had a run in with ONE police officer. His bigotry of police showed through vehemently. I will blame the entire police department before I even know anything about what happened. That there aintnot so responsible for our great nobel prize doofus.
    A death is a death, family, friends all suffer from it. I added the two black men killed in the last couple of days because I believe that both could have ended differently, short of both dying. We have become desensitized to death, but they all leave a hole in someone's life.
    End of my discussion on this sensitive matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I have friends that are cops, all of them tell me that some of the rumors are true. They look at people differently. they treat people differently. this is based on how people treat each other and the police. how it was explained to me: If you patrol, and see all walks of life for a period of time, you see patterns. Patterns of behavior that are consistent through every race. the stereotypes are true, Whites usually think they did nothing wrong, and are dismissive but will obey commands. Asians are most likely to drive poorly and will be ashamed when challenged, hispanics are afraid, and will most likely lie. African americans will be the hardest to deal with, as they, EVEN when wrong, will fight you and lie, they fight most often and will run most often.

They go on to say, now, when you deal with this day in and day out, for years, you develop techniques to deal with each person sometimes, you go in with compassion, sometimes force. that's the way it is.

The solution? well that's easy to answer. the cops treat people differently, because they are treated differently. It comes down to personal responsibility. Act the same and you will be treated the same!

Don't do crime, and if you do get caught, then man up!

I was taught during a stop to turn on the lights, if needed, treat the officer with respect, as you did something wrong. In the south you announce that you have a permit to carry and keep your hands in plain view! move when instructed to.

it baffles me when people run from cops, or fight them. I feel guilty calling out the behavior of other folks, as a white guy i'm told it's "white privilege" which is a crock of BS. People of all color need to take responsibility for their actions " if you want to be treated with respect, then give it! If you want to be treated like a punk, then act like one!

GREAT POST!!!!!!!

This is the most accurate verbatim about the day to day interaction that police have with citizens, that I have read because it is true word for word letter by letter. I grew up in the military. Being a military brat it was common place to have people of color to our home for events, dinner and the like. They were no different then anyone else. Their kids were the same and so on. When I became a Police Officer I was given a rude and at times awkward education. The difference among us is not just about color but so much more different is our cultures. Most people interact with others at work or play and never really see how that person lives or interacts with their families or within their culture. Here is where the differences begin, and they can be vast! Each culture has their own way of looking at things and reacting. "Patterns of behavior that are consistent through every race. The stereotypes are true." This is a very true statement, but until you begin to interact with all the different cultures you will never understand them. As a PO you become an attorney, marriage counselor, physiologist, arbitrator, a saint and a sinner. All of the faces you put on are necessary for you to preform your job and do it well. It takes about five years before you figure it out and become comfortable do it. In that time you do make mistakes, it is a normal learning curve. For me is was all about being respectful to each and every person I came in contact with. Wether a bum or a doctor, ascending and descending the social ladder of life and doing that every time you got out of the car!
    I write this to say that it is a tough job that no one will ever understand until you do it. It along with the garbage man is an occupation where you can travel the world and share experience with like people and still tell the same stories and laugh at it.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    GREAT POST!!!!!!!

This is the most accurate verbatim about the day to day interaction that police have with citizens, that I have read because it is true word for word letter by letter. I grew up in the military. Being a military brat it was common place to have people of color to our home for events, dinner and the like. They were no different then anyone else. Their kids were the same and so on. When I became a Police Officer I was given a rude and at times awkward education. The difference among us is not just about color but so much more different is our cultures. Most people interact with others at work or play and never really see how that person lives or interacts with their families or within their culture. Here is where the differences begin, and they can be vast! Each culture has their own way of looking at things and reacting. "Patterns of behavior that are consistent through every race. The stereotypes are true." This is a very true statement, but until you begin to interact with all the different cultures you will never understand them. As a PO you become an attorney, marriage counselor, physiologist, arbitrator, a saint and a sinner. All of the faces you put on are necessary for you to preform your job and do it well. It takes about five years before you figure it out and become comfortable do it. In that time you do make mistakes, it is a normal learning curve. For me is was all about being respectful to each and every person I came in contact with. Wether a bum or a doctor, ascending and descending the social ladder of life and doing that every time you got out of the car!
    I write this to say that it is a tough job that no one will ever understand until you do it. It along with the garbage man is an occupation where you can travel the world and share experience with like people and still tell the same stories and laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A death is a death, family, friends all suffer from it. I added the two black men killed in the last couple of days because I believe that both could have ended differently, short of both dying. We have become desensitized to death, but they all leave a hole in someone's life.
    End of my discussion on this sensitive matter.
    Negative. I know killing is wrong, my kids know killing is wrong under nearly every circumstance. My brother knows it's wrong. His kids know it's wrong. Choptop, you know it's wrong. There is a slice of society that life does not matter anymore. You can be killed because you called someone a mf'r, nothing more. A dime bag of dope is worth killing someone. You walked on the wrong side of the street. Those societal rejects are desensitized to death.......not me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Negative. I know killing is wrong, my kids know killing is wrong under nearly every circumstance. My brother knows it's wrong. His kids know it's wrong. Choptop, you know it's wrong. There is a slice of society that life does not matter anymore. You can be killed because you called someone a mf'r, nothing more. A dime bag of dope is worth killing someone. You walked on the wrong side of the street. Those societal rejects are desensitized to death.......not me.
    Yes sir. If you know you are wrong, but don't care whether you wake up tomorrow, you take chances and do things others would not. Appalling, but not awfully surprising.