What's the deal with riding in shorts? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's the deal with riding in shorts?

Do you wear your helmet ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I can wipe off sweat, but I can't wipe off road rash!!!
    Well said. Its hot and humid in MO. Real hot days are tough. I try to ride the back roads as much as possible. Lots of shade available on the road around here.

If you wear jeans you might as well be wearing shorts if you go down. The jeans may protect from the sun, bees and the muffler burns but will do nothing for road rash.

I ride with shorts and jeans around the neighborhood occasionally but I am stupid. They always say most accidents happen with in a few miles of your home.

When I ride to work or on the highway I try to wear my Dainse mesh pants and jacket. Even in the heat / sometimes it is actually cooler on a longer ride. The hot air and sun will get you on a hour or longer ride. I have a hard time wearing the full face helmet in the heat. I bought a 3/4 with a full face screen that is almost tolerable and will provide some protection.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    If you wear jeans you might as well be wearing shorts if you go down. The jeans may protect from the sun, bees and the muffler burns but will do nothing for road rash.

I ride with shorts and jeans around the neighborhood occasionally but I am stupid. They always say most accidents happen with in a few miles of your home.

When I ride to work or on the highway I try to wear my Dainse mesh pants and jacket. Even in the heat / sometimes it is actually cooler on a longer ride. The hot air and sun will get you on a hour or longer ride. I have a hard time wearing the full face helmet in the heat. I bought a 3/4 with a full face screen that is almost tolerable and will provide some protection.
    Steve
    I wear Sliders. Agree with the lack of protection from standard jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post

Steve
    I always say that 99% of your driving is within a few miles of your home. Less than 1% of vehicle accidents occur outside of 4 million miles of your home. The moral is to drive more than 4 million miles from home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

GUILTY AS CHARGED
    Two block ride from hotel to dinner in Las Vegas and 115 deg heat. I had just rode 12 hrs to LV in 110+ heat in full leathers on my X and no way I was going anywhere without being cool.
    Warning: I do not advocate nor endorse this type riding apparel.
    Attachment 22127

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I use to wear shorts ridng , i Do Not now , had a brother go down and he too was wearing shorts , skin and asphalt do not mix well , i know wear canvas over pants with my work shorts under
    Battoo

I agree about jeans not doing much, I have road rash scars to prove it, but...the rest of the gear made my injury list much shorter than an ankle and broken ribs.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

What if I switched from shorts to man Capri's would that be better. I never wear shorts when riding, I am guilty of not wearing a jacket all the time,.and just wear a T-shirt.

Duluth Firehose pants????

Has anyone had the occasion to "road-rash-test" the Duluth Firehose Pants?
    I'm thinking they would offer way more protection than plain jeans, but I've been surprised before.....

If you're not familiar:
    http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m.../fh-pants.aspx
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce