NEW GPS

Thread: NEW GPS

NEW GPS

I going to get a new GPS I'm torn between the tom tom rider 400 and the Garmin zumo 665 I like the garmin the xm is a extra plus any feed back on the units would help thanks

Am on the verge of pulling the plug on a Gps, it will be a Garmin, no particular reason other than the fact that they are the most popular and plentiful. W/a smart phone I do not see a need for a music player or picture holding capabilities, weather is not high on my list either. I like the twisty roads feature and the tire pressure monitoring thing. I will use it mostly for plug in an address and go and piece of mind.
    I am looking at the 390 or 590, refurbished.

Just ordered a refurbished Zumo 390 for 350.00 express delivery. 1 year manufacturers warranty. Figure it had a problem once, what are the chances...

Have used Garmin for years in car and bike. Decided to update and tried 2 Tom Toms. Both failed in about 18 months. Also, did not like the display and options. Have since gone back to Garmin and have not had a single issue. I have 5 Garmins or various models in all my vehicles. I suggest going with Garmin.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

I said this in a recent thread, that Buydig.com had new Garmin 665's for $399.99. I paid $499 for mine last September, dammit!

Any gps you use on a motorcycle is going to take a beating, but I've had three Garmin streetpilots before I got the 665. I've had good luck with them. The 665 is doing good so far. I like xm radio. I can get news and sports besides music and the gps controls are easier to work than a phone.

Garmin 595 lm

Just installed 2 weeks ago. Love the adventurous routes. Takes you on roads you never would have found. Abundance of features.
    Still learning. Does just about everything.
    I can tell you, I never paid attention before but the GPS unit shakes like a crazy when I hit some bumpy roads. Can't see how a regular GPS could withstand the vibrations.
    Adventurous routes makes me want ride and explore more.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my refurbished 390, paid 350.00 w/3 day delivery and it has the curvy roads/tire pressure monitoring system available. Heading about 3hours away this weekend for a 2 nighter and some riding w/the group, should come in handy.

I sure could have used a GPS yesterday... I made a wrong turn and was caught up with some horrendous evening rush hour traffic' with no way to veer off from it. My little joy ride after work turned into a 2 hour clutching ordeal...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537