Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
The morning of the 20th, I rode to work on my normal route. I decided to ride in my work clothes consisting of a polo and shorts. I wore a shorty helmet also. On an off ramp from the highway there is a continuous right turn into flowing traffic on a down slope, and this morning a diesel spill got me, things got sideways and I corrected, then is went back down and pinned my left leg, sliding I hit dry pavement and was flung off landing on my left shoulder. So seeing a surgeon the 27th about a seperated shoulder grade 4, limping and suprised the bike is in decent shape. Crash bars are scraped on the right side, aero peg pin bent a bit, the right mirror folded up and broke the madstad base plate corner off, also the inside mirror fram is broken and is not listed as a seperate part to be ordered on the sites I have looked, a new whole right mirror might be the only way to get it. My friend was in traffic during this and rode her home as I rode in the ambulance. Also found out comprehensive coverage wont pay for my medical bills, health coverage at work doubled this year so I opted out. Still on the sunny side of dirt though.
Wow sorry to hear about your situation.Sounds like you lucked out not taking all the skin off your leg,Amazing how these bikes will protect the main stuff when going down.Hope all goes well with your shoulder and you are back riding soon.