F6B went down, and in shorts. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F6B went down, and in shorts.

Sorry to see about your mis-hap. Hope you have a fast recovery and restoration of your B.

Very sorry to hear of your accident and injuries. But shorts on a bike? Again, I truely hope you recover fast and that you are able to ride again soon. I had an accident many years ago, but I used to never wear a helmet (at that time the state didn't mandate it). I looked like rain later in the day so I wore it keep from getting beat to death with rain drops. Long story short, I came to a stop light, it went green and a car ran the red. Caught me broadside and the helmet hit the ground and the sound it made told me I was lucky. Sounded like a 12 guage going off next to my ear. If I had not had it that day, i would be seriously injured for life or dead. Since that day, I ride with a helmet.

Please remember your near miss and correct accordingly. Get better soon!!!
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

If you don't have a shoulder surgeon Dr Willard is good and down to earth had work done by him and would go back works out of east side Taylor station? By Mt Carmel east , that intersection is not good lot of truck traffic.....

Agreed Python , not taking that way again. Mainly wanted to show my mistake, even though we all should have a choice(clothing,insurance etc). Also how well the bike held up. So others can learn,

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    Agreed Python , not taking that way again. Mainly wanted to show my mistake, even though we all should have a choice(clothing,insurance etc). Also how well the bike held up. So others can learn,
    Geronimo... Thanks for posting. As you probably knew while you were initially posting this thread; there was going to be "armchair quarterbacking" in response to it.

I take your thread as a subtle reminder that this can happen to ANY of US at ANY time... appreciate your update and I hope your shoulder gets better with minimal financial impact and pain.

Hope to see you at the Rally.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I just wanted to let Geronimo know that sharing this has impacted someone...me. I had starting to slack on my ATGATT philosophy; in fact, for this first time in four years, I rode home last week in shorts and a T-shirt. A few trips before that, I rode without my armor jacket - a rarity for me since my 2012 accident.

I am back to my hot armor jacket and fluorescent vest every time. Also, I went into a local parking lot and brushed up on my low speed maneuvers. After a short warm up, and remembering my Ride Like A Pro tips, I was able to do lock-to-lock figure 8s again.

Good thing, because 1/4 mile from that lot, a guy pulled out in front of me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, your pain and suffering did result in a "re-alignment" to at least one person's apparel and practice habits.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6