Summer Heat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Heat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    shooter

Summer Heat

Don't know how its going where you guys are but here in the Midwest we are having a scorcher of a summer. It started the first of June and hasn't let up yet. 95 or hotter everyday , 70% humidity and then it storms every other day. Had a new Cherokee we bought last year , actually 10 months ago. About 7 weeks ago wife drove it to work and lightning hit it while she was in it and running. Killed it. Never ran again. Insurance totalled it. This has been one of the stormiest , hottest most unsettled summer I've seen in a long time. Hope the weather is better where you guys are.

It's been nice here in western Pa. Riding almost every day now that SOMEONE went south.....
    Glad your wife is OK.
    They make new vehicles every day.

shooter
    Yeah she was parked. If she had been out of the car it probably would have killed her. Hit the roof rail on top and burned a hole right thru it. Fried all the wiring , modules and relays on the vehicle.

Dayum! Someone was looking out for her!

Damn that's some scary shite. I had a bolt hit a 40' tower I was standing next to at an airport in NOLA. Nothing but a flash and ringing ears. Thank God it had some MCM500 connected to a lightning rod. Been hot here in Houston but I have seen it much worse. Stay wet and hydrated buddy, need my steak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Stro , its been a rough year buddy. I need that week off. I'm gonna buy you the best steak that Duke can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Don't know how its going where you guys are but here in the Midwest we are having a scorcher of a summer. It started the first of June and hasn't let up yet. 95 or hotter everyday , 70% humidity and then it storms every other day. Had a new Cherokee we bought last year , actually 10 months ago. About 7 weeks ago wife drove it to work and lightning hit it while she was in it and running. Killed it. Never ran again. Insurance totalled it. This has been one of the stormiest , hottest most unsettled summer I've seen in a long time. Hope the weather is better where you guys are.
    That's crazy....never heard of that happening.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

PNW checking in

Overcast most everyday, w/light rain. Just starting to warm up now..low 70's

If I recall we had a member that was struck by lightning in 2013 while riding his F6B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IE-yycUZTM

and one killed just the other day.
    http://wlos.com/news/local/motorcycl...ell-state-park

100* + in FLA with 100% humidity... yea !!! Can't wait for October !!!!

Most of my riding is after the sun goes down !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    That's the bad thing. Its only getting down to 80 tonight. At 9pm it was 90 with 75% humidity. Thank god for AC.