Anyone here with a 16".madstad? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here with a 16".madstad?

Heres the pics of the GPS mount on the Madstad windshield system. The Zumo 595 has a huge cord connector so I cut a hole at the base of the shield that is about 3/8 x 1-1/8 rectangle and it can not be seen through the black base shield also serves as drain hole. GPS is secure and does not shake or vibrate sun glare can be an issue at certain time but not been a problem so far. You can also see the adjustable mount system for the outer shield.
    The middle pic is my view from the seat, 15 inch shield all the way down and kicked slightly out at the top.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Thanks for the pictures Wing'n it

That is a perfect solution for mounting the GPS to the bike via the Madstadt. Just how I would've envisioned it with my GPS. As far as glare goes, I get the same effect from sunlight as well... but have been exploring hoods for my GPS... may just end up "fabricating" one.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hi Wing'n it... Just an update...

I finally got my Magellan Roadmate mounted with a RAM mount.. same manner as you had done.... though I didn't have to cut anything out for the power cord lead, since there was enough of a gap at the corner of the lower Madstad shield; where it meets the front fairing.

Still need to carefully Dremel off the excess bolt length that you can see in the Pic... Home Despot did not have the exact bolts I was looking for in black oxide .. and didn't feel like running around to different stores yesterday in search of the perfect bolt(s).

Also removed the old Clearview weatherstripping and re-applied new 7/16" thick weatherstripping from Home Despot ...no more ugly gaps...

This Magellan Roadmate was a $89.00 special buy from Costco... not a waterproof unit though a sandwich baggie can easily be slipped over it if the weather turns inclement (been there, done it and it works). I just couldn't see paying $500-600.00+ for a motorcycle rated all weather GPS unit...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
    Well, deductions made after checking out the pics in the links, and the mixed bag of experiences from youse commenters, plus the fact that if I go with an RDL seat will raise me another 1-2", I'm thinkin the 15" run all the way down might be the best choice for me. Thanks fellas for helping to extropolate the possibles.
    check out this link it might help

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...-MadStad-Stats