100% Dry Bag - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 100% Dry Bag

GaTeach
    I did laundry at my brother's house. I also threw clothes away and picked up cheap tshirts and drawers. I went to Denver for a wedding and when I got there, I went to the thrift store and bought a shirt and pair of pants to wear. Threw them away when I left.

I had my heated gear, leather jacket, and leather chaps packed when I left but I ended up shipping them from Mobile to Monument. Then back home when I left Colorado. It was 39 at the top of Pike's Peak. I'm glad I had them.

GaTeach
    It runs in my family.

My brother, Jack, was living in Raleigh and came by my house on the way to the race at Talladega. He was in his Wrangler with the top off and every inch of that jeep had beer in it. There were coolers of all sizes, everywhere. Where coolers wouldn't fit, there were six packs. Where six packs wouldn't fit, there were singles. The pockets of the door had single beers stuffed in them.

I said, "Dude, where's your suitcase?"

He flipped down his visor and a pair of boxers and a toothbrush fell down.

Rock. On. Jack.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    It wasn't a vacation...I am now certified to teach the Harley Davidson Rider Academy curriculum.
    Traveled to Philly and did sound for Parvin-fest for three days. http://www.quakertownsoccerclub.org/...n/index_E.html
    Them I saw my house in Philly that's going to cost me $40k to disinfsckulate prior to selling it.

Then a nice relaxing ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway for a few days.

Isleen is truly my mistress and she will do anything for me within her capacity.
    Smacking down an overweight, over-farkled sibling is quite literally child's play for her.
    Love that Irish lass in my shop - she rocks!
    Did you see any deer on the parkway? I went North to South twice this summer and couldn't get over the deer. Everywhere. Took forever because I have to stop and curse at every one of them.

We are plagued by deer up here. Target rich environment.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Did you see any deer on the parkway? I went North to South twice this summer and couldn't get over the deer. Everywhere. Took forever because I have to stop and curse at every one of them.
    Yeah, I saw a lot of deer. Only one got my immediate and undivided attention though. Damn thing jumped into the road about 5 yards in front of me and took off down the right shoulder, pacing me at 30 mph. I was just waiting for it to cut me off. To it's right was a huge drop off so going left in front of me was the only way it could go - so I rode behind it. Damn thing just kept running down the side of the road until it could jump to the right safely and then it did.

Giant rodents. Venison.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Shooter while it is true I did sell the fastest color B...I now have an even faster Blue Streak GL1800 Nav....now to include a HiVis Yellow bag so your eyes don't hurt so bad when I pass you .......
    Were you eating blueberries?

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Yeah, I saw a lot of deer. Only one got my immediate and undivided attention though. Damn thing jumped into the road about 5 yards in front of me and took off down the right shoulder, pacing me at 30 mph. I was just waiting for it to cut me off. To it's right was a huge drop off so going left in front of me was the only way it could go - so I rode behind it. Damn thing just kept running down the side of the road until it could jump to the right safely and then it did.

Giant rodents. Venison.
    Please tell me your GoPro caught this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Please tell me your GoPro caught this.
    Was on the wrong side......GoPro is on the left engine guard. Was following the deer too closely to get it in the camera....sorry.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Were you eating blueberries?
    Nope !!! I have a tag en route ...Look up " Blue Pearl" New term to me !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I added the rack for my trailer hitch receiver so I started looking for a dry bag. For the value and quality of design and manufacturing this is my bag of choice! It comes in a couple of sizes and colors. I got the Hi-Vis yellow just to be seen better. Came complete with tie straps, carrying strap and tie downs. I will probably use a net but I like over kill. The bag was designed to ride in the seat or tail section. No tools necessary to put together. It also comes with hard plastic to keep it's shape. Great bag, you can't top wrong.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessorie...nture-dry-bag#
    I've been tempted to get this bag; have been studying reviews elsewhere on it for a couple of days. Some of the reviews are saying that the color fades fast on them; others say that the rivets come loose from the buckle.

I've used waterproof bags in the Army for my sleeping bags, but never have used one like particular bag before. I question it's durability...?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537