I want my F6B to ride like My GOLDWING !!!! HELP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want my F6B to ride like My GOLDWING !!!! HELP

fl1madmax

I want my F6B to ride like My GOLDWING !!!! HELP

My F6B is to Hard no matter where I set rear Shock, Has anyone found some changes I can do front and rear to make it ride like a Gold Wing
    I love my bike but want it softer , JB

I'll be interested to read the responses to this thread. My rear pre-load is set at full soft and I also think the ride is too firm. I weigh 230 lbs, probably 240 with gear on.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I'll be interested to read the responses to this thread. My rear pre-load is set at full soft and I also think the ride is too firm. I weigh 230 lbs, probably 240 with gear on.
    I think the stock seat has a lot to do with the "firmness". I have been told that Wing seats are more comfortable.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    You don't understand the concept. You need to raise the preload up to halfway and it will ride better.

Opinions vary on this. Medium setting makes this the most comfortable bike seat I have ever had. Rode 915 miles in one day from Orlando, FL to Parkersburg, WV with no issues. I am about 200 lb. 5'8. I also have a Bridgestone Driveguard rear tire at 28--30 lbs whicch creates a softer ride and still handles great on The Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by fl1madmax View Post
    My F6B is to Hard no matter where I set rear Shock, Has anyone found some changes I can do front and rear to make it ride like a Gold Wing
    I love my bike but want it softer , JB
    I believe that 2012 and up have a stiffer rear spring. If your wing is older than that, that could be why it is a softer ride.

Also, could the F6 need some break in time to soften up? Mine has always seemed fine. Bought it slightly used (1400 miles).
    Albuquerque, NM

fl1madmax

I have a Ultimate Seat, Best there is, its not Seat

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I think the stock seat has a lot to do with the "firmness". I have been told that Wing seats are more comfortable.
    its the Shocks !!!!!!!!! there must be something out there I'm 230ld too, I have had 3 Gold Wings and there Sweet,
    just want my F6b to Soften up ! with out losing Sport ability. I love the twisties !!!!!!!!

fl1madmax

Ok I'l try iy again

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    You don't understand the concept. You need to raise the preload up to halfway and it will ride better.
    I have moved the preload from Full closed and full the other way and left it in the Middle, Still Hard, rear on bumps that I use to
    drive over on Wing and never felt a thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Please explain.

Based on my understanding, the spring controls the shock. With the preload minimal, the spring is not "pre"-compressed, allowing the shock to have its full stroke. By increasing the preload, the spring becomes compressed, controlling the motion of the shock, and preventing the shock from easily extending and compressing its full travel.

This, in turn, creates a firmer ride with the shock less "free" to use its range of motion.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by fl1madmax View Post
    I have moved the preload from Full closed and full the other way and left it in the Middle, Still Hard, rear on bumps that I use to
    drive over on Wing and never felt a thing ?
    Buy another Wing and move on I suppose.....JMHO