Bonjour from France - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonjour from France

Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post

- The rider pegs scrape really early in the tight turns. Sometimes they hit violently scaring my wife on the back. Suspension is turned up by 2/3rd. The bike could lean much more in the turns still being safe but the pegs limit the angle very early. Any way to raise the bike an inch or so? Different shock and fork springs might help? I do ride a lot of twisties in my area.
    I've found that modifying your entry line minimizes peg scraping. People riding behind me swear I must be grinding my pegs down to nothing given the pace I maintain, but I rarely scrape pegs anymore.

Slow in, fast out is pretty much the key. With all that torque on tap, make it work for you.

But yes, Progressive sells a spring kit that will give you more clearance if that's what you want.

And welcome to the Forum, new friend!

That is interesting, Motozeke! I will try that riding technique.
    Just came back from a trip in the Italian alps with +3000 turns and switchbacks but I really had to slow down my pace compare to my other bikes because of the early peg scraping.
    I love this bike! But man is it heavy in those really tight mountain switchbacks! Some were so tight (and steep uphill) that I had to get back to 1st gear and it almost makes the bike tip over!

This is a wider part, taken on the Stelvio pass which is quite popular amongst bikers as it is one of the highest in Europe:

I like your part of the world....

I used to live in Baden Baden, just across the river. Really enjoyed popping over for Sunday dinners at A L'Agneau in Dengolsheim. Filet moutard avec frites; fantastic! Maybe one day I'll get back, hopefully on the 'B.

My wife is very happy! She loves the bike and is MUCH more comfortable on the back than on any Adventure bike I had over the last 20 years! She wants me to keep the F6B!

You know what they say, HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE😆