Need a little info - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a little info

Reading this thread is quite heartening! Look at the people who jumped in and offered help and then Phantom was able to give exactly what was needed. Very cool.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

I have in my inventory of spare parts a NEW "0" mile BLACK F6B final drive.

Has the rear brake rotor but NO rear brake caliper.

I can ship it out late this week or early next week to your dealership.

$150 plus $50 shipping.

That is what I paid for it. You can have it for what I have into it.

Check your PM for my phone number.
    And another reason why this forum is such a great site.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I also find this site very helpful and full of good guys....But, what the hell is wrong with Honda parts that they cannot supply a final drive for a very popular and long time model to a dealer and customer in need???...Sounds like someone is "screwing the pooch" along the line somewhere....JMHO...Good luck and hope it all works out for you soon..Without knowing all the facts, this kind of thing would really upset me, as I am sure it has you, and very possibly end my relationship with Mother Honda!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I also find this site very helpful and full of good guys....But, what the hell is wrong with Honda parts that they cannot supply a final drive for a very popular and long time model to a dealer and customer in need???...Sounds like someone is "screwing the pooch" along the line somewhere....JMHO...Good luck and hope it all works out for you soon..Without knowing all the facts, this kind of thing would really upset me, as I am sure it has you, and very possibly end my relationship with Mother Honda!!!
    So what are you going to do? Go back to Victory?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Thanks Bob,

It's not to hard to find one off a Wing, it's just hard to find a black one off a 6. I may have to resort to painting one. I'm still looking.
    Several coats of Black Plastic-Dip and you'll be "golden"

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Several coats of Black Plastic-Dip and you'll be "golden"
    That is where I was heading, I have several cans of Plastic-Dip in the garage I love the stuff.
    I am very thankful for all the help I received. Thanks to Phantom I don't have to wait on Honda. I hope to be able return the favor to someone on the board in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    It's not that they don't have one it's that they can't even give a projected date. I spent a couple of hours with Honda customer service by phone today with out any success. I can tell most of the reps I spoke with either don't ride or have multiple bikes because they don't get the urgency. They were talking about 6-8 weeks more and seemed to feel that was OK.

Cool

I have had to wait 8 weeks for a part from Honda......but they had to make it !!! Honda can be slow. I have been waiting about 10 days for a rotor at this point. Just goes to show that a few folks have spare parts and are willing share!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have had to wait 8 weeks for a part from Honda......but they had to make it !!! Honda can be slow. I have been waiting about 10 days for a rotor at this point. Just goes to show that a few folks have spare parts and are willing share!
    And that having a second bike is a good thing