Madstad for F6B - Page 36
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Good to know

That's good to know. I'm 6'3 and debating on 15 vs 13

Quote Originally Posted by pikester View Post
    Hey everybody. New to the forum. I just traded in my 06 Wing for an 16 F6B. Rode to Arkansas from New Mexico to pick it up. I had been doing some research on this forum and knew that I needed a Madstad, so I ordered a 17" (I am 6'5") and had it waiting for me when I returned home. I installed it today and realized I am going to return it and get the 15". I can see over it, but I have to sit straight up and lean forward, not the position I normally ride in. I have one on my NC700DCT and it made a huge difference. I knew as soon as I got on the highway that the stock shield on the F6B is pretty much useless. I'm glad I had earplugs for the ride home. Let the farkling begin!

Ride safe,
    Pikester

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    That's good to know. I'm 6'3 and debating on 15 vs 13
    I'm 6'1" and use the 13 always in the lowest setting.

Pulled the trigger and just placed my order for a 13" dark tint.

I just bought a used madstad that is in perfect shape, but it has an 11" on it. I am 6"3 so I may have to go up to at least a 13 maybe even a 15. Things to find out after the purchase...lol. I will have to try it out first to see. I currently have the baggershield and I like it but the passengers are still getting a lot of buffeting. So is the general thought that I would need a 13 or 15? I have stock seat and have no plans to change as of now.

Received and installed the Madstad today. 13" med tint. Looks great, wished I had done this before. Now I have 4 windshields in the garage. Probably like many others on the forum. I changed the seat this summer, and needed to change the shield. Now, I have an adjustable one. Yaa!

I also installed a 13" dark tint Madstad last night. Now waiting for the rain to stop so I can try it out. I took off a Medium ClearView with recurve which wasn't bad but I did get some buffering as the air hit me in the forehead. Right at 6' tall I look over the Madstad just about the same as the ClearView. Have to wait for a test run to make any adjustments.

same dilema

I'm 6'3" as well and still debating between the 13 and 15. It's hard to compare their height to other windshield since they rack forward so much more than the factory ones.

QUOTE=AWILLIAMS64;159161]I just bought a used madstad that is in perfect shape, but it has an 11" on it. I am 6"3 so I may have to go up to at least a 13 maybe even a 15. Things to find out after the purchase...lol. I will have to try it out first to see. I currently have the baggershield and I like it but the passengers are still getting a lot of buffeting. So is the general thought that I would need a 13 or 15? I have stock seat and have no plans to change as of now.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Received and installed the Madstad today. 13" med tint. Looks great, wished I had done this before. Now I have 4 windshields in the garage. Probably like many others on the forum. I changed the seat this summer, and needed to change the shield. Now, I have an adjustable one. Yaa!
    PICs, post a few PICs with the new Madstad and new seat.
    Inquiring minds.......

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    I'm 6'3" as well and still debating between the 13 and 15. It's hard to compare their height to other windshield since they rack forward so much more than the factory ones.

QUOTE=AWILLIAMS64;159161]I just bought a used madstad that is in perfect shape, but it has an 11" on it. I am 6"3 so I may have to go up to at least a 13 maybe even a 15. Things to find out after the purchase...lol. I will have to try it out first to see. I currently have the baggershield and I like it but the passengers are still getting a lot of buffeting. So is the general thought that I would need a 13 or 15? I have stock seat and have no plans to change as of now.
    [/QUOTE]

I'm only 5'10" and the 11" works perfect. Try riding with the 11" in a few different positions before you purchase anything taller.

I'm 6'3" also. I first got a 15" and it was too tall in the lowest position. I then ordered a 13" and found this to be perfect for the majority of my riding. I use the 15" for my late November, early March cold weather rides.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69