Happy Birthday F6B

Thread: Happy Birthday F6B

Happy Birthday F6B

I bought my leftover 2013 F6B 2 years ago today. I've ridden it over 32,000 miles and it's been a great bike. I have no regrets.

It's amazing how well it performs considering its somewhat dated technology. If Honda gets too carried away with the next generation Wing (such as using the rumored hybrid drive) these 'old-tech' GL1800s may be in demand. This combination of great performance, low maintenance, and incredible reliability is hard to beat.

One pleasant surprise has been the paint. I had read so much about the soft paint that I almost didn't buy one. If Honda of Russellville had a color I wanted in stock I would have flown there and ridden one of their custom painted F6Bs home. But I've been able to keep my paint looking great by simply being careful. I wax it nearly every time I wash it, and detail it with Lucas Slick Mist between washings. The Slick Mist seems to protect it as well as any of the waxes I've used. It still scratches far too easily, and none of the waxes/polishes change that much, including the expensive Liquid Glass. You just need to keep that in mind whenever you touch the paint.

My second choice was the BMW K1600. I test rode one for 50 miles and it was very impressive. But conversations with other owners about their maintenance and reliability issues swayed me to the F6B. I also didn't care for the BMW's styling. But I loved being able to adjust the windshield while I rode!

I've only had my 2015 F6B since April and I agree with you. I am very happy with it. Even all the Harley guys I run across are very impressed with it. I have always believed that if Honda would promote itself more their sales, especially the "B", would increase. That is just a layman's opinion though.