Got back from Sturgis Yesterday. Met up w/a riding club, from the Twin Cities, the "Lost 202", that I have been a member of since '02, that I have ridden many miles with, trips and day rides and enjoyed many a party, in the club house and on the road. Last Thursday morning appx 2 hours into our first Sturgis ride, coming out of Spearfish Canyon up the long hill, something distracted our ride leader, the founding member and President of our club since the be beginning and proud to have called my friend, causing him to loose control in the corner, crashed and died along side the road. This was an experienced rider, many years and many, many miles on 2 wheels and now he is gone. It happens that fast folks. What we love and enjoy doing comes w/ possible tragic consequences in a moment if we don't give it 100% of our attention 100% of the time. On the way back, I had one of those moments, thinking to much lost my concentration and probably came the closest to dying that I have ever encountered, but I guess it wasn't my time. Be careful out their. RIP E.J.