Extended Warranty

Thread: Extended Warranty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Warranty Options?

The good news-- my 2013 F6B has never needed anything more than normal periodic maintenance. The bad news-- I tried to purchase the extended warranty today, and found out that the original warranty had expired five weeks ago, and I could no longer purchase the added four year warranty. That was at Russellville Honda. I can't be the only one so stupid; is there any other warranty alternative?

Email Honda directly maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

With the model apparently discontinued, should this impact my decision on the extended warranty? I still have two years left to decide and was leaning against it up until today.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Well I paid $400 for my extended warranty. That was a no brainer when you divide it into months of coverage. I can do without a couple large pepperoni pizzas each month in case my engine takes a major dump on the side of the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Not Alone

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    The good news-- my 2013 F6B has never needed anything more than normal periodic maintenance. The bad news-- I tried to purchase the extended warranty today, and found out that the original warranty had expired five weeks ago, and I could no longer purchase the added four year warranty. That was at Russellville Honda. I can't be the only one so stupid; is there any other warranty alternative?
    I went to the rally with the plan of buying the three year extended warranty in person from Honda of Russelville. I bought my bike (2013 Deluxe w/ 65 miles (35 was my test ride)) in April of 14. I specifically asked when the warranty starts...answer was when you take it out of the showroom. Great i say.
    Fast forward 2 1/2 years and I'm sitting in Honda of Russelville with a dumb look on my face as they tell me not only can I not get an extended warranty, my bike is not under warranty at all! Whip out cell phone and on the line is sales manager from where I bought it from. Long story short, he said they made an error but cant fix it. I have no warranty and cant extend. I explain this is not a workable solution. He tells me he will speak with owner and call me back. 30 minutes later he calls and tells me they will give me a used bike warranty for three years that covers exact same as extended warranty for his cost of $290. I take deal and he says they will send receipt in mail. When I get home I look at it and its for only two years. I call him and he tells me they dont offer anything longer than two years. Why, I ask, did you tell me I was buying a three year when you only provided two? Well I must have misspoken is his answer. Now I gotta make that 100 mile trip and have a conversation with the owner.
    From what I gather if you owned the bike as original owner you are not supposed to get a factory used bike warranty...there are non Honda alternatives but I cannot speak to them