Extended Warranty - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extended Warranty

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Negative. Isleen stays with me until one of us can no longer ride.
    Right now, it's a toss up as to who goes first!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Knowing your attention to maintenance and preventative maintenance ...
    She will easily run past 300,000 miles and then you can trike her.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Extended Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    FWIW: Another source for an extended warranty at a good price might be this:

Max's Honda of Abilene
    Al Miller
    "Full 4 Year Honda Warranty. $425"

I've not done it.
    I haven't called them yet.
    Just some gouge I picked up today.
    53Driver, Good info you posted. I talked to Al today, super nice guy. His 2017 price for a Honda extended warranty is $450. Add $180 for Roadside - however he said Roadside may not be as good as it sounds as there is a limit to how many times it can be used. 3 maybe 4 times he thought without looking it up. He encouraged me to shop my local dealer first to give them a shot at it. Nice. I appreciate the info.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Some new info. Did a little searching for an extended warranty and found out if bike is registered in Florida you have to get the warranty here also. I think we are the only state like that. My local place is always looking to get the most bucks they can out of a customer and quoted $825. Just down the road another place says $800. That is way higher than the $450 in Texas and $500 in Iowa. I will continue to search for a bargain. I bet south Florida is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Some new info. Did a little searching for an extended warranty and found out if bike is registered in Florida you have to get the warranty here also. I think we are the only state like that. My local place is always looking to get the most bucks they can out of a customer and quoted $825. Just down the road another place says $800. That is way higher than the $450 in Texas and $500 in Iowa. I will continue to search for a bargain. I bet south Florida is cheaper.
    I believe it is because of Florida classifying it as a Insurance policy not a warranty. That's what I was told anyway. I own land in upstate NY and I am also on my parents home as an owner. I don't have an official address and my bike is Registered in Florida but I am going to try to buy the extended warranty using my parents NY address. It doesn't seem like it would matter once you have it. Anyone ever bought one like that?

Any suggestions for the best price for the Canadian contingent

Don't believe the US dealers can sell us the extended warranty and with the current exchange rate it would take a serious price difference if they could. What's the best price a Canadian has seen on the extended Honda warranty?
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I believe it is because of Florida classifying it as a Insurance policy not a warranty. That's what I was told anyway. I own land in upstate NY and I am also on my parents home as an owner. I don't have an official address and my bike is Registered in Florida but I am going to try to buy the extended warranty using my parents NY address. It doesn't seem like it would matter once you have it. Anyone ever bought one like that?

I asked if I could use a Alabama address I have and they asked where is the bike registered. Oh crap! Good luck hope you get the better price

Yea... extended warranty...

... sucks. Because I am fixing all the things that I'm finding wrong in the bike myself. I need to get an extended warranty refund from what I paid to Honda of Russellville.. before the original warranty runs out...

Just don't trust the local dealerships here with my bike; after all of the shit I've gone through with them over the years (other brands as well). The best mechanic; is the one looking back at you in the mirror.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

If this is a dumb question, just add it to the others I've asked...but isn't an extended warranty honored everywhere, regardless of where's it purchased?

Extended Warranty

Sabian, I have the same question. If you buy an extended warranty it should cover the bike anywhere in thr country. I live in Florida so I am really interested if someone has the straight information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
    If this is a dumb question, just add it to the others I've asked...but isn't an extended warranty honored everywhere, regardless of where's it purchased?
    Yes, it is honored at all Honda service departments. It is not peculiar just from the dealership you purchased it from.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537