I called Corbin today, the sell their P/N "H-F6B-PAD" which is just what is says, a replacement backrest pad, which uses the Honda backrest brackets and hardware. $298.00 shipped. 2-3 week lead-time. It will fit the bike either with Corbin's seat, or the Honda factory seat, thankfully, so that eases the over-budget burden on the bike seating. Aren't bike projects *always* over-budget !

As they build to order, you can pretty much have it look the way you want. I went with black & black, no piping, no tuck & roll on the surface so it will sorta' match the Utopia.

After all the smoke and dust have settled for me with this "what do I do" situation, I end up with the Honda OEM seat, a Utopia driver backrest, Corbin passenger backrest pad mounted on Honda OEM backrest frame and brackets. Wife approves purchase of Corbin backrest, as she was very displeased with the Honda part. The Corbin pad is generously sized.

Trouble is, I buy the Honda OEM backrest, throw away the pad (toy for the dog?), use the hardware, and then buy another pad at basically the same money as the Honda OEM backrest costs. Total passenger backrest outlay - about $600.00

Summary: OEM seat $20,000, Utopia driver backrest $199.00, Honda OEM passenger backrest $300.00, Corbin replacement pad, $298.00. All for a seat on 2 wheels, but wow what a set of wheels!

I'll put up a couple of pix when the parts come in and installed.