My Last Windshield??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Last Windshield??

shooter

My Last Windshield??

Guys I think most of us will agree that the windscreen is the most problem area of the B. Getting the right shield with the right height is challenging at best. I've heard some guys talk about being on their 3rd , 4th , and even 5th shield. I'm ready to try again. So far I've tried the stock shield and a Cee Baileys 11 inch Grey tint. I like the CB but its still a little short. I don't mind the air , I wear a FF helmet. Its the bugs in the spring. I need to keep more bugs off the helmet shield. I like some air at the top of the helmet in the summer. I thinking about a CB 13 inch with a vent. I'm 6'1" and 290. Let's hear what you guys have and if it does the job. Tell us your size also that way we can compare performance as it relates to our size. We do a good job on this thread might save someone some money in the future. Like me. Thanks for your input.

Im 5'7", 29-30" inseam.
    Mustang seat.

Stock shield lasted just the ride back home from the dealer. (35miles)

I didn't want to wait for my clearview to get here,
    I "duct taped" the old harley shield I had in my garage.

A member here in my area let me use his cut-down-stock full wing shield for a week, which I liked the protection it gave me.

I've been happy with the Clearview (Medium height) w/ vent. My vent is always open one click which seems to smooth out the airflow a little bit.
    I still get some wind on my head (a little bit of buffeting but not too bad: I don't wear a helmet unless required by law). I think the clearview's line matches that of F6 very well.

I've also tried the windbender(HP) but didn't like it much (the mounting rails, to be more specific)
    So I had it for one day and put it up for sale.

I now also have a full wing shield which I found on craigslist locally, cheap. Although I like the protection it gives me, I just cannot stand looking though the shield.

So for now, the Clearview shield is on my bike. It's a great sheld w/ great looks, in my opinion.

I still wann try the madstad, though.

I recently put the Helibars on my bike and loving the fact that they are "adjustable". Madstad is also "adjustable", so I think I'm gona like it.

F6B Windshield

Guys I suggest you look at the F4 Customs windshields. We have the only one on the market that won't scratch with Steel Wool, sheds rain, and is optically perfect. For the best ride and reduced head buffeting we suggest that the windshield be no lower than your nose and we also suggest you look through the shield. Give us a call and let us help you decide which size is best for you. We offer 4 different heights in clear or tint and with and without vents.
    Don Frank
    President
    F4 Customs
    330-968-4644

I checked the prices , which are asking for "winter sale"...

https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?...ory&path=59_34

Baggershield

I have used the BaggerShield Adjustable on mine since I bought it and I'm very happy with it. It adjusts from 19" down to 11". I adjust it down when I'm on a back road with reduced speed limit when I want a little more wind in my face. When I want to hop on the parkway I just flip it up.

http://www.baggershield.com/baggersh...952caa0346caf1

V-Stream for me after trying 4 different shields. I have found that looking through a shield with a vent prevents wind buffeting best for me.

Did you try Cee Bailey' ?

In the first day of possession of my B , especially after riding 8 miles from the dealer ( with hecto-liters of sucked from the eyes sockets tears splashing my shoulders ) , I went to my beloved and proven for decades Cee Bailey (13"). Since then , happy like never before . My first trip to Canada amazed me not only because of all performance of this machine , but convinced , that my choice of wind protection was right. No need to look for another shield .

I'm happy

Love my F4 customs+4 Sheild-I'm 6' with 32 in inseam and stock seat -smooth and can hear radio-and yes I have to look through it but not a issue as it's clear and no distortion-and no bugs !
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm totally happy with my Madstad. I have the 2nd one to be installed on the B. Lot's of other B owners have them, many after trying a lot of other shields. The Madstad seems to end the search. The best wind protection out there and it still allows you to look over the shield. IMHO, a tall shield ruins the look of the B Some folks don't care for the look of the 'stad. I like it and find that it has an aggressive look and a functional beauty. Check out the Forum and see what the others have to say about it. That being said, there are other quality products out there and there's something for every taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I'm totally happy with my Madstad. I have the 2nd one to be installed on the B. Lot's of other B owners have them, many after trying a lot of other shields. The Madstad seems to end the search. The best wind protection out there and it still allows you to look over the shield. IMHO, a tall shield ruins the look of the B Some folks don't care for the look of the 'stad. I like it and find that it has an aggressive look and a functional beauty. Check out the Forum and see what the others have to say about it. That being said, there are other quality products out there and there's something for every taste.
    Madstad ended the search for me - my 4th shield.