Clearview windscreen tint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearview windscreen tint.

Clearview windscreen tint.

I just had had an opportunity to test drive 6 different windscreens. Everything from Honda touring, Klockwerks, 2 x Clearview, and VStream Special Edition. This guy went through what many here have done and spent $$$s on trying to find the best solution to the stock. I decided to go with the Clearview Mid with vent. The Vstream was the best of the bunch but I sat right at the tear line of the top of the screen. Plus, it was mounted on his bike and not for sale. Anyway, to make my long post longer...

The Clearview is, well, Clear. I loved the dark smoke tint of the Klockwerks. It looked great on the bike, but didn't do much good for wind deflection for me. 6'3"

Has anyone here tinted a clear screen? Yes, I know there are a lot of You Tube videos out there, but I want to know if anyone that rides a Wing has actually done it.

Lens Tint?
    VHT Nightshades?
    Black Paint?
    Plastidip?
    Dye?

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I just had had an opportunity to test drive 6 different windscreens. Everything from Honda touring, Klockwerks, 2 x Clearview, and VStream Special Edition. This guy went through what many here have done and spent $$$s on trying to find the best solution to the stock. I decided to go with the Clearview Mid with vent. The Vstream was the best of the bunch but I sat right at the tear line of the top of the screen. Plus, it was mounted on his bike and not for sale. Anyway, to make my long post longer...

The Clearview is, well, Clear. I loved the dark smoke tint of the Klockwerks. It looked great on the bike, but didn't do much good for wind deflection for me. 6'3"

Has anyone here tinted a clear screen? Yes, I know there are a lot of You Tube videos out there, but I want to know if anyone that rides a Wing has actually done it.

Lens Tint?
    VHT Nightshades?
    Black Paint?
    Plastidip?
    Dye?
    My brother has a V-stream on his Goldwing, and the amount of distortion at all the compound curves is horrific. I've had V-Stream on my BMWs and they work great, but the one for the GW is awful.

Ask shooter

Lens Tint?
    VHT Nightshades?
    Black Paint?
    Plastidip?
    Dye?
    I just put a clear klockworks for a goldwing on mine , wanted the vent. A was thinking the same thing, a little tint would be nice. I think shooter blacked his out. Id like to see his pics. It was a 16 inch. Heres mine

http://

Many sheilds

Its rare to have the chance to check the different shields out, back to back. Thanks for the post!
    I have a clearview med dark w/ vent, a goldwing klockworks 16/20 clear w/ vent and a 9 inch cee bailey opaque black for around town. I'm going to Florida mid sept, and will unfortunately miss the rally, but trying to find the best shield. I get a little buffeting with the clearview and the top is right in my sightline. To me the clearview is not all that "clear". Its acrylic. The klockworks is polycarbonate and is better optically in my opinion. Still a little distorted but can see through it. The klock has nil buffeting. My klock can be mounted it the low or high positions like the clearview. Very nice in the high position wind wise. But you gota sit up to see over. In the low its just right, on the nose.

I bought some tint and tried doing it myself. I wasn't even close to succeeding. I dropped that idea.

Then later, I wanted a small shield tinted. I took it to a car tinting place and they did it for me. It was a simple curve, not a compound curve. Still, you might give that a try.

I'm 5'10" and my tall Clearview is barely tall enough. I even slotted the holes to get a bit more out of it. Buffeting at freeway speeds is annoying. At 6'3", I gotta think that the mid is pretty short.

Btw, I have the dark tint and really like that.

100_3833.jpg
    Albuquerque, NM

Out of the choices I had on test day, the VStream offered the best wind protection but was not optically very true. Lots of distortion at the curves (many of them), plus it was LONG..I could tip my head forward and touch the top of the lip. The Clearview Mid was the next best thing, although still not very optically true. Honda was crystal clear. For $100 bucks, I can accept a little (very minor) buffet over 120kph with the Clearview. I can live with that. The biggest thing I like is the Vent. I can adjust that gizmo so I get a real nice equal pressure behind the windscreen. Full open or full closed at highway speeds is awful. Open to the 2nd click works great.

My problem is that the folks at Clearview says I cannot get a tall dark tinted one with a vent. So I am prepared to try and tint my $100 one.

My first stab will be plastidip. I can always peel it off if it's crap. I'll do the inside and it will still have a sheen from the acrylic. After that, Nite Shades tint. I used that stuff on the Taillights on the car and it is pretty good.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

The biggest thing I like is the Vent. I can adjust that gizmo so I get a real nice equal pressure behind the windscreen. Full open or full closed at highway speeds is awful. Open to the 2nd click works great.
    That's interesting and good info for any shield with a vent.

My problem is that the folks at Clearview says I cannot get a tall dark tinted one with a vent. So I am prepared to try and tint my $100 one.
    That's weird. I opted to not get the vent. But I could have gotten the vent with my tall tinted Clearview. Have you tried just ordering off the site and checking out? I did that a bunch of times over months before actually making the purchase.

Edit: Just went to their site and was able to select a tall, dark tint, sport tour, with recurve and vent for $264. Whassup?
    Albuquerque, NM

I have a small, sport width tinted from Clearview arriving tomorrow. I had the option of putting a vent on it, so I'm sure you can get one on a tall.

Give them a call. Very friendly people to talk to.
    2015 F6B Matte Siver
    2008 Yamaha RSTD Silver/Grey
    2004 BMW R1150RT Siver
    1984 Kawasaki GPz 550 Silver
    See a theme in color here?????? lol

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

Edit: Just went to their site and was able to select a tall, dark tint, sport tour, with recurve and vent for $264. Whassup?
    I selected the exact same specs, and the vent open had a red X beside it at checkout. I emailed Clearview about it and they said it could not be configured with all those options.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

I selected the exact same specs, and the vent open had a red X beside it at checkout. I emailed Clearview about it and they said it could not be configured with all those options.
    I tried checking out and got that red X, also. Hovering my over it, it says, "remove this item". I think it is giving you the option to remove that vent. It is not saying that you cannot have a vent.

As I proceed through the checkout, the price stays the same and it still includes the vent. I don't want to go any further because I don't need a second one .

I am sure that you can get the vent. I don't know why someone told you otherwise.
    Albuquerque, NM