Bike Rentals

Thread: Bike Rentals

Bike Rentals

Hello All,

Considering changing up the way I attend the Russellville rally due to my free time getting a little crowed as we move into the fall. Previously I was going to bike both ways from the north east which would be a couple weeks at least....more likely three. Now considering flying down which saves the road time and actually a significant amount of dollars but just as importantly frees up some time for some other fall activities like moose hunting.

Has anybody used Eagle Rider bike rentals or is anyone aware of another bike rental option down that way.

I was speaking to Eagle Rider and there are machines available in Memphis which would be great.

Appreciate any input that folk may contribute.

tink

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    Hello All,

Considering changing up the way I attend the Russellville rally due to my free time getting a little crowed as we move into the fall. Previously I was going to bike both ways from the north east which would be a couple weeks at least....more likely three. Now considering flying down which saves the road time and actually a significant amount of dollars but just as importantly frees up some time for some other fall activities like moose hunting.

Has anybody used Eagle Rider bike rentals or is anyone aware of another bike rental option down that way.

I was speaking to Eagle Rider and there are machines available in Memphis which would be great.

tink
    I believe Eagle rider has a office in Atlanta, and you can rent a goldwing, at least they did a couple years ago.
    Allow Jesus to lead, your life will be complete.

I believe they also have a office in Tulsa Ok at Action Cycle.

Probably not very cheap. Wife and I are heading to Reno for our 30th. I wanted to rent a bike for a ride around Lake Tahoe. HD dealer there has them for $149 a day with a $2000 deposit. Think we will just stay on 4 wheels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Thanks for the feedback.

Quite a few of the reviews online were less than positive. I am going to phone the Nashville outlet later today and have a talk with the staff there and see how it goes.

Pretty much the only way I will be able to do the Russellville trip at this point. Hopefully I can get a warm fuzzy feeling about the whole thing.

tink

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Probably not very cheap. Wife and I are heading to Reno for our 30th. I wanted to rent a bike for a ride around Lake Tahoe. HD dealer there has them for $149 a day with a $2000 deposit. Think we will just stay on 4 wheels.
    That might be worth the $149.00 at Lake Tahoe (usually that would be too much money since I ride every day). I have been there a few times and it is beautiful. That would be a great place to cruise around on a bike.
    Steve

Yes I've used Eagle Rider a few of times. Yes some sites do have Goldwings. They run around $125 a day. I have always gotten good service from them.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

hope this helps,,great IDEA!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    Hello All,

tink
    a buddy of mine and Myself did this three years ago,,flew from seattle to knottsville,,took a taxi across the freeway to our hotel,,two hours later the company showed-UP with TWO Goldwings on a trailer, when they left, we started putting-ON gps and gerbing wiring,,we rode 7-DAYS and Put-ON 1,735 miles,,DIFF. hotel in Diff. city each nite,,we got back 8 days later, and ONE-Hour later,,they were there to pick Them-UP,,saved-US 4 days of vacation to ride EACH way across the country= 8 days,, GREAT way to save Vacation time for OTHER rides during the year,,I will do this again,,KennyU, Seattle WA.

You can also join Eagleriders club http://www.eaglerider.com/motorcycle-club . You get free rentals and other deals and discounts. Using my free rental to try out a Beemer adventure/tour style.

If you sign up pm me first- I get referral goodies
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red