First iron butt complete.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First iron butt complete.

First iron butt complete.

Just got home. 1018 miles in 15.5 hours. Took a pretty easy route, most of the trip was i95. My wife did the witnessing, and I have all of my receipts, hopefully I remember to mail it off soon.

And it was a freaking blast. Did not expect all the high and low moments of the trip. In a 10 minute span going from "why the hell am I doing this?" to "why haven't I done these before?"

Plus the f6b makes it easy.

Congratulations. It gets addicting, on to the Bun Burner next.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Congratulations!

500-600 miles in one day is quite enough for me. if I gots to get somewhere quickly... I take the machine that was never meant to fly.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

You do that on a stick seat?

That's stock seat

Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    You do that on a stick seat?
    Definitely wouldn't fall off stick seat but makes it hard to lean. Would give new definition to Iron Butt.

Stock seat, stock windshield. The only add on I have are drop mounts with boards.

After his trip I can see adding some highway pegs and something to make the grips bigger. I alternate from the board to the passenger pegs anyway, but a third option would help. Had a few hand cramps too, but that's because the diameter of the grips are to small.

After a full nights sleep, the only thing that is sore is my neck, but there is nothing I can do to make my giant head weigh less.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye_F6B View Post
    Definitely wouldn't fall off stick seat but makes it hard to lean. Would give new definition to Iron Butt.
    That's the wrong kind of contest

Congrats, just heard about this from another GW rider this week. Not sure I'm going to try it - 600 miles may be my top for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jady View Post
    Just got home. 1018 miles in 15.5 hours. Took a pretty easy route, most of the trip was i95. My wife did the witnessing, and I have all of my receipts, hopefully I remember to mail it off soon.

And it was a freaking blast. Did not expect all the high and low moments of the trip. In a 10 minute span going from "why the hell am I doing this?" to "why haven't I done these before?"

Plus the f6b makes it easy.

I'm already looking for a replacement windshield and adding a passenger backrest. HW foot rest will be next once I find a ride to do before it gets cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jady View Post
    Stock seat, stock windshield. The only add on I have are drop mounts with boards.

After his trip I can see adding some highway pegs and something to make the grips bigger. I alternate from the board to the passenger pegs anyway, but a third option would help. Had a few hand cramps too, but that's because the diameter of the grips are to small.

After a full nights sleep, the only thing that is sore is my neck, but there is nothing I can do to make my giant head weigh less.