Corbin Seat Questions

Thread: Corbin Seat Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

disupte bad vendors with your Credit Card Company

Quote Originally Posted by stratochile View Post
    I got one of their seats last august for a different bike and it showed up with a small cut. when a i called them they said to send it back and I would get a new one in about 12 weeks. I said 12 weeks!!!!! are you kidding me!!!!! I live in WI !!!! we'll have snow by then. So they took it back and charged me a 20% restocking fee for the damaged piece of crap they sent me......THEY SUCK!!!!!!
    I like Corbin and I HATE Corbin - it's all wonderful until something goes wrong and then they make you feel like it's YOUR FAULT

I purchased a Corbin Saddle for my F6C Valkyrie and Loved it - then I ordered the $1800.00 fleetliner saddle bags Corbin makes for it and 12 weeks later they showed up - the wrong color and with damaged mounting brackets. 6 weeks later I got the correct color bags and new mounting brackets but the rear lid was mounted askew at the factory. 6 more weeks later I got everything fixed to my liking with no extra cost (but my patience was tested sky high) and I had to stay on them like stink on doo doo every week till they corrected their screw ups. They love to pass a troublesome order between sales reps to make things hard to track. Thank goodness for email threads.

Now I own an F6B and the OEM seat is too wide; spreads me out like a busy New Orleans hooker. Yeah yeah 29" inseam.

Do you think I will go with Corbin again?

Even though I like their fancy rear top case option? Hmmmm.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    I like Corbin and I HATE Corbin - it's all wonderful until something goes wrong and then they make you feel like it's YOUR FAULT

I purchased a Corbin Saddle for my F6C Valkyrie and Loved it - then I ordered the $1800.00 fleetliner saddle bags Corbin makes for it and 12 weeks later they showed up - the wrong color and with damaged mounting brackets. 6 weeks later I got the correct color bags and new mounting brackets but the rear lid was mounted askew at the factory. 6 more weeks later I got everything fixed to my liking with no extra cost (but my patience was tested sky high) and I had to stay on them like stink on doo doo every week till they corrected their screw ups. They love to pass a troublesome order between sales reps to make things hard to track. Thank goodness for email threads.

Now I own an F6B and the OEM seat is too wide; spreads me out like a busy New Orleans hooker. Yeah yeah 29" inseam.

Do you think I will go with Corbin again?

Even though I like their fancy rear top case option? Hmmmm.
    If you are referring to the Smuggler thingy, let me bend your ear about my experience with the Smuggler, Corbin Headquarters, Corbin Daytona, and the the right way to install that thing.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Crag_328 if you bought your F6B at the Indian dealer in Wayne, you got a great deal. There was every option you could possible buy on that bike. As far as Corbin goes they either work for you or they don't. Customer service, repairs and fitting can be be a problem. Corbin is too big and can't handle it. I have had multiple Corbin seats on different bike. They worked on some not on others. I have a Corbin on my F6B and I love it. Fits great, delivered in perfect condition and it finally broke it at 5000 miles. When I read people's post about Corbin it seems that problems occur when you order something other than a base black seat.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado