Gas tank scuffing

Thread: Gas tank scuffing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    Enjoy the pucker moment, right before you stick em on.
    I've been putting screen protectors on my PDAs and such since about 1999 and only recently found an application tip that really had me wishing I could go back and do them all over. It'll probably work for these as well.
    Get the sticker perfectly in place then tape one edge to device, (or motorcycle part), using the tape as a hinge, pull the other side of the sticker away, peel off protective coating and then swing it back into place. Remove tape.
    I'm sure they're great as protectors but they also look great. Hmmm, wonder if I could swing paying for that out of the Vehicle Maintenance savings account?
    Thanks for the info and links!

Me no speak good, video show gooder

Tankslapper

Attachment 23079

Both my Olympia waterproof pants and my aerostich pants leave black scuffing. tabkslapper film does an excellent job. I'll probably switch to the scotchguard option sometime this winter.

I just picked up a kit by Saddleman, it comes with 2 - 6"x12" clear panels. Supposed to be paint safe.

I never hug the tank.
    No problem here.
    When I wear rain gear, I have Velcro straps around (1 on each leg) to stop the buffeting of the rain gear around the tank area. Not uncomfortable for me. But it is on my mind and I don't let it happen.

MisterB - good suggestion for application. The side tank panels are large and I used a similar technique. I've found, no matter how well prepared I am, and regardless of application technique, there's a moment of truth - point of no return, which always causes a little panic.