Gas tank scuffing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas tank scuffing

Gas tank scuffing

Bought new Klim air pants and now my tank is scuffed. Is there anyone selling tank covers for theF6B?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayz View Post
    Bought new Klim air pants and now my tank is scuffed. Is there anyone selling tank covers for theF6B?
    Jeezus, Mary, & Joseph... those are pricy pants. Expensive scuff.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Make Klim pay for it. Gawd knows you probably put one of their kids through college, for the retail price of those pants.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

He probably should have read the thread

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Make Klim pay for it. Gawd knows you probably put one of their kids through college, for the retail price of those pants.

On the Duluth Trading 5 pocket fire hose jeans for $59.50 and are probably more durable then those big money pants and they wouldn't have scuff his tank, since they are just heavy cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    On the Duluth Trading 5 pocket fire hose jeans for $59.50 and are probably more durable then those big money pants and they wouldn't have scuff his tank, since they are just heavy cotton.
    I do have a pair of Dragg'n Jeans (in black) but it have been contemplating those Duluth fire hose pants me self .

Not to hi-jack this thread (my apologies to the O.P.) I do understand from Stevenoltes other post about how he wants to have a "one design fits all" solution in protective clothing (and he may have found it for himself) but I'd get rather stinky wearing the same suit all of the time.... not to mention the accelerated wear of the same suit all of the time.

I think Wingstuff has gas tank adhesive "grippers" for the sides of the F6B's plastics that surround the gas tank.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Look up techspec tank grip pads on line. I installed a set that cover the sides and top of my tank under the gas fill. I also added them to the top of my saddle bags. I like to steer with my legs and often apply pressure on my tank and scuff my tank. These work great and add to the mean look, if you have the faster black color, as I do.

Get them placed correctly the first try, like with most stick on pads. Enjoy the pucker moment, right before you stick em on.

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    Look up techspec tank grip pads on line. I installed a set that cover the sides and top of my tank under the gas fill. I also added them to the top of my saddle bags. I like to steer with my legs and often apply pressure on my tank and scuff my tank. These work great and add to the mean look, if you have the faster black color, as I do.

Get them placed correctly the first try, like with most stick on pads. Enjoy the pucker moment, right before you stick em on.
    I have those as well and like them as well. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/t...1800-2011-2015
    In the Garage:
    2014 Yamaha VMAX 1700- Matte Grey
    2015 Honda F6B- Matte Grey

Enjoy the pucker moment, right before you stick em on.
    I've been putting screen protectors on my PDAs and such since about 1999 and only recently found an application tip that really had me wishing I could go back and do them all over. It'll probably work for these as well.
    Get the sticker perfectly in place then tape one edge to device, (or motorcycle part), using the tape as a hinge, pull the other side of the sticker away, peel off protective coating and then swing it back into place. Remove tape.
    I'm sure they're great as protectors but they also look great. Hmmm, wonder if I could swing paying for that out of the Vehicle Maintenance savings account?
    Thanks for the info and links!

Me no speak good, video show gooder

Tankslapper

Attachment 23079

Both my Olympia waterproof pants and my aerostich pants leave black scuffing. tabkslapper film does an excellent job. I'll probably switch to the scotchguard option sometime this winter.

Got a pic of how they look on the black?
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa