Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
I wasn't riding on this occasion (sigh) but several years ago I was driving on family vacation in British Columbia's lake country and was following three riders. Was giving them lots of room which proved to be a wise choice. These motorcyclists were following a pickup truck that had a rubber raft tied down in the bed -- or so the driver thought. The thing broke loose and sailed into the air and landed in front of the riders in the middle of a rural two lane highway. They all managed to avoid it without going down. It was close. Whenever I see a large object like an inner tube or raft tied down in a pickup I move past faaast.
My all time favourite to avoid are the folks who think they can hold down a mattress on their vehicle's roof with their arms outside the window and a bit of twine.

On 99 outside Bakersfield a few years ago my wife and I were following a tow truck that was right off the set of Sanford & Son. They were towing a pickup. Wind caught the canopy of the pickup and tore it off. It came down the road like a 500 pound tumbleweed narrowly missing everyone on the road that morning. They just kept on going...oblivious.