Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Thread: Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I'm lost when you say many features lost. I've got way more features than anyone using the stock OEM electronics for a source.
    I was comparing the Audison with the dsp vs. Standard amp plus xover.
    Attachment 23338

I'm looking forward to seeing those Bluetooth controller and system. I didn't understand do the bluetooth controllers basically give you start, stop, next, previous and volume control over your phone? I know you went with a compete replacement, which i would also like to see. Nothing limiting you there. I preferred an integrated solution.

I measured the system, it is capable of 120dB+ without the sub included, 113+dB at rider position. Plenty of clarity. I also competed time alignment of the tweeters and mid bass drivers. The phase graph looked better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    I was comparing the Audison with the dsp vs. Standard amp plus xover.
    Attachment 23338

I'm looking forward to seeing those Bluetooth controller and system. I didn't understand do the bluetooth controllers basically give you start, stop, next, previous and volume control over your phone? I know you went with a compete replacement, which i would also like to see. Nothing limiting you there. I preferred an integrated solution.

I measured the system, it is capable of 120dB+ without the sub included, 113+dB at rider position. Plenty of clarity. I also competed time alignment of the tweeters and mid bass drivers. The phase graph looked better than I expected.
    I not sure you fully understand, I don't have ANY of the OEM electronics. I have a Clarion front end that has Bluetooth, Sirius XM etc.... So yeah I have full control... My sub is run through the Sub pre put of the Clarion, etc... I'm sure you have more flexibility in adjusting your sound with an active crossover though. Look forward to seeing and hearing it. Will you have the sub done for the Rally?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    .. Will you have the sub done for the Rally?
    Yes, I have the 6.5" sub working with the 1d Audison amp. Post rally I'll continue to develop a more powerful sub solution based on others' developments.

I'm very pleased with the stock radio's sound, and that's not using the de-equalization feature, yet. The de-eq uses pink nose (sound that contains all possible frequencies at once) played via a CD {I used a laptop connected to the aux input} to map out any deficiencies of the head unit. For example, the head unit has a large dip at 100Hz which would make use of a sub amp to not perform as well as expected without 100Hz boost.

Audison makes a less expensive 4.9 or 5.9 as well which has 4 channels or a 5th channel with ~230watts rms for a sub. They both have a pre-out for a sub amp to be added later if needed.

It is truely the latest in top audio capability, and the unit is not much larger than the NVX MVP4 amp.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's setup! Thanks again for paving the way. This setup is the best upgrade I've done to the F6B. The led headlights made a huge difference as well to making the F6B my favorite way to get somewhere, or even nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    Yes, I have the 6.5" sub working with the 1d Audison amp. Post rally I'll continue to develop a more powerful sub solution based on others' developments.

I'm very pleased with the stock radio's sound, and that's not using the de-equalization feature, yet. The de-eq uses pink nose (sound that contains all possible frequencies at once) played via a CD {I used a laptop connected to the aux input} to map out any deficiencies of the head unit. For example, the head unit has a large dip at 100Hz which would make use of a sub amp to not perform as well as expected without 100Hz boost.

Audison makes a less expensive 4.9 or 5.9 as well which has 4 channels or a 5th channel with ~230watts rms for a sub. They both have a pre-out for a sub amp to be added later if needed.

It is truely the latest in top audio capability, and the unit is not much larger than the NVX MVP4 amp.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's setup! Thanks again for paving the way. This setup is the best upgrade I've done to the F6B. The led headlights made a huge difference as well to making the F6B my favorite way to get somewhere, or even nowhere!
    The biggest difference in sound quality from changing to the Clarion, was in clarity and stereo separation. Definitely improved stereo imaging and soundstage.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Um, these things are sick. You guys rock for helping someone go broke.....I hate the stock stereo sound.
    https://www.facebook.com/10000659139...8471670715863/
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Um, these things are sick. You guys rock for helping someone go broke.....I hate the stock stereo sound.
    https://www.facebook.com/10000659139...8471670715863/
    Ok, the Hertz box I had was indeed the wrong model. I have the hsk 130s. I left home so couldn't be certain. They are actually a step up from the speakers linked above, but a 5 1/4. These have won competitions.

That video does not surprise me at all. These speakers are fing incredible. The difference from the 6501 mm are night and day, not that the 6501 are bad at all.. The interface to make changes is fun too.

Speaker fitment

Pressorv, can you talk about the speaker fitment, what was involved? Also im i correct in assuming the track and volume controls on the handlebars are defeated?