Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
Look forward to more. Will you be done in time for the Rally? You've surely invested a lot more money than I have. Really look forward to hearing your results. I think I have somewhere from $1200 to $1500 total invested in mine. That may go up if I decide to paint this winter, as I was also thinking of a couple other ideas.
I understand the "gain " issues. I believe you ran into the same issues I was having with trying to use adapters or the low impedance/high level inputs of the amp. That was the catalyst for digging in and bypassing/removing the factory amp from the signal chain. Of course, now I don't have any of the factory audio on the bike.
A clarion 3 way xover 79 plus arc audio amp 400 plus hertz speakers 200 to 350 for about 700 you have a similar setup but with more space used and many features lost. Running active two way plus the hertz speakers is a massive improvement over anything else i tested. The hertz running with included xover on a beefy amp would be the true budget version. I'm so impressed with the hertz - in Europe they are the competition winners in pro car audio.

I'm excited to try the w7 8 inch when I return. I'm concerned about the 25lbs opposite to the kickstand, but I'm testing that today.

Cheers!