Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Thread: Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Finished mounting both of the mids and trimming the baffles last night. Tonight was filled with test fitting the grills and marking a profile on the frames to make room for the raised speakers.

Attachment 25059Attachment 25060

Need to pick up a replacement Dremel tomorrow and commence cutting.....

I struggled with this step, I cut more of the lower section than was needed, although you certainly need enough room for the Cones to extend.

Have you fired up the system to ensure it works?

Haven't fired it up yet, just marching forward with completing the front piece. Just received the fuse holder today that needs to be mounted and the power wires routed.

Attachment 25061

Picked up some RCA terminals at Radio Crap today and yes, they are crap. So, need to source some better quality pieces and get the input cables made. Also need to tap and route the trigger wires to the amp. So, after all of that I will need to determine proper "start up" settings for the amp and proceed.

I got out and made the cuts tonight, trimming approximately 1/4" at the deepest points and tapering from there. A Dremel with a plastic cutting disc really does the trick if you keep the RPMs low. Tomorrow I will install the tweeters and button up the front end.

I finally had an opportunity to finish up the amp end of the wiring. Everything is now secured and buttoned up on this end. The final steps will be connecting the pre-amp outs to the RCA cables, connecting the trigger wire, and determining what the amp settings need to be for initial startup. More to come...

Attachment 25093