Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
Please continue this thread. The JBL upgrade was great.... I like the feature of a stock stereo controls on the bars, so an amp that could tap into the oem system, then run new gauge wire to speakers , and a removable sub is what id like. Please more info. Thanks.
Well, that's exactly what you get!

The beauty of this solution is you keep your handlebar controls. In fact, you continue using the stock system like you always have, except it kicks ass depending on where you mount the remote, you have a sleeper radio system. No one looking at my bike parked would know.

You don't have to modify the speakers to fit, you only need a riser plate so the rare earth magnet the size of the whole stock speakers (slight exaggeration , but not far off) will not bottom out. The stock grill cover fits on with minimal trimming.

It is easy, and you have no external crossover to deal with - it is all handled by the amp. You simply run 4 wires to left, 4 to right. 14 guage - two for mid bass, two for tweeter. The tweeters epoxy to the stock tweeter position. I have sone final fit and finish to work out, but that's the gist of it.

Btw, I nearly won a loud stereo competition at pickleheads.. Goat deejay from full throttle Sturgis voted my rig was the clearest / no distortion with the best bass against many custom bikes.
Attachment 23388