Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
I'm glad to see that you got it going using the OEM head unit , I'm sitting back looking at all the posts so far. About 2 months ago I went and had the pros look at mine and diagnose what makes it tick, I have been wanting to do something similar to Jimmytee, but using the OEM head unit. I had been searching prior to that for gold wing upgraded- amped systems and really nothing out there. Did a lot of research on auto OEM intergration and figured maybe it would work on this motorcycle. The results on diagnostics were similar to autos for equalization and roll offs but with a lot of distortion - off the scale with the factory amp and with the pre amp much better but still roll offs. Also different with motorcycle off and also with motorcycle running. They know that I'm doing my own system and gave me some guidance on what to do to achieve a flat or close to flat I should say OEM intergration. I going more toward a OEM intergration that is simple that analyzes to signal and corrects equalization from the preamp to the added amplifier. I'm hoping to keep it simple and on a lower budget, now seeing what you have done and got great results. I want have the fine tune tweaking that you have, but hope it works with adjustments on the amp, bass and treble settings - also will be adding a subwoofer to the system. Now to pull the trigger and hope it works as planned. I will do a post when I get it done with results- etc.
All vehicles will be different on battery vs running, as that voltage increases by two volts. You are correct there are many charges to the flat response, which is why most of not all solutions, other than JimmyTs will never sound great. You must get a dsp that cab compensate for the changes. The Audisonl has this built in, so you end up with flat response. Prior to post eq changes it also supports.

For 250, you can get this c-dsp product and with some documented magic, you can theoretically achieve the same. This product is not processing at the same high sample rate, but should suffice.

I will post what the curve looks like that comes from the head unit. I can assure you, with the Audison, the overall sound quality is very high with the head unit. I have captured SMAART fft traces comparing the signal output of source device against the measured output of the speakers.

I look forward to learning a less expensive way. That would be a holy grail.
Robert