Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Thread: Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Um, these things are sick. You guys rock for helping someone go broke.....I hate the stock stereo sound.
    https://www.facebook.com/10000659139...8471670715863/
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Um, these things are sick. You guys rock for helping someone go broke.....I hate the stock stereo sound.
    https://www.facebook.com/10000659139...8471670715863/
    Ok, the Hertz box I had was indeed the wrong model. I have the hsk 130s. I left home so couldn't be certain. They are actually a step up from the speakers linked above, but a 5 1/4. These have won competitions.

That video does not surprise me at all. These speakers are fing incredible. The difference from the 6501 mm are night and day, not that the 6501 are bad at all.. The interface to make changes is fun too.

Speaker fitment

Pressorv, can you talk about the speaker fitment, what was involved? Also im i correct in assuming the track and volume controls on the handlebars are defeated?

So you had to deal with separates and crossovers? I would rather stick with a two way just for the simplicity of the swap. Man, you can really dump a lot of coin in one of these bikes between audio, exhaust, windshield, seat, and accessories! Reminds me of my car.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Ready to rock

Please continue this thread. The JBL upgrade was great. But thinking of taking the B to a custom audio shop to get more ideas. I like the feature of a stock stereo controls on the bars, so an amp that could tap into the oem system, then run new gauge wire to speakers , and a removable sub is what id like. Please more info. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Please continue this thread. The JBL upgrade was great.... I like the feature of a stock stereo controls on the bars, so an amp that could tap into the oem system, then run new gauge wire to speakers , and a removable sub is what id like. Please more info. Thanks.
    Well, that's exactly what you get!

The beauty of this solution is you keep your handlebar controls. In fact, you continue using the stock system like you always have, except it kicks ass depending on where you mount the remote, you have a sleeper radio system. No one looking at my bike parked would know.

You don't have to modify the speakers to fit, you only need a riser plate so the rare earth magnet the size of the whole stock speakers (slight exaggeration , but not far off) will not bottom out. The stock grill cover fits on with minimal trimming.

It is easy, and you have no external crossover to deal with - it is all handled by the amp. You simply run 4 wires to left, 4 to right. 14 guage - two for mid bass, two for tweeter. The tweeters epoxy to the stock tweeter position. I have sone final fit and finish to work out, but that's the gist of it.

Btw, I nearly won a loud stereo competition at pickleheads.. Goat deejay from full throttle Sturgis voted my rig was the clearest / no distortion with the best bass against many custom bikes.
    Attachment 23388

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    Well, that's exactly what you get!

The beauty of this solution is you keep your handlebar controls. In fact, you continue using the stock system like you always have, except it kicks ass depending on where you mount the remote, you have a sleeper radio system. No one looking at my bike parked would know.

You don't have to modify the speakers to fit, you only need a riser plate so the rare earth magnet the size of the whole stock speakers (slight exaggeration , but not far off) will not bottom out. The stock grill cover fits on with minimal trimming.

It is easy, and you have no external crossover to deal with - it is all handled by the amp. You simply run 4 wires to left, 4 to right. 14 guage - two for mid bass, two for tweeter. The tweeters epoxy to the stock tweeter position. I have sone final fit and finish to work out, but that's the gist of it.

Btw, I nearly won a loud stereo competition at pickleheads.. Goat deejay from full throttle Sturgis voted my rig was the clearest / no distortion with the best bass against many custom bikes.
    Attachment 23388
    Will leaving this morning for the Rally. Probably roll in tomorrow. Taking a meandering route. Look forward to checking your system out.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    So you had to deal with separates and crossovers? I would rather stick with a two way just for the simplicity of the swap. Man, you can really dump a lot of coin in one of these bikes between audio, exhaust, windshield, seat, and accessories! Reminds me of my car.
    It is quite simple: swap mid bass and tweeters, run a 4 conductor 14 gauge speaker cable to the amp. Pitch the included xovers.