Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
Yes, I have the 6.5" sub working with the 1d Audison amp. Post rally I'll continue to develop a more powerful sub solution based on others' developments.

I'm very pleased with the stock radio's sound, and that's not using the de-equalization feature, yet. The de-eq uses pink nose (sound that contains all possible frequencies at once) played via a CD {I used a laptop connected to the aux input} to map out any deficiencies of the head unit. For example, the head unit has a large dip at 100Hz which would make use of a sub amp to not perform as well as expected without 100Hz boost.

Audison makes a less expensive 4.9 or 5.9 as well which has 4 channels or a 5th channel with ~230watts rms for a sub. They both have a pre-out for a sub amp to be added later if needed.

It is truely the latest in top audio capability, and the unit is not much larger than the NVX MVP4 amp.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's setup! Thanks again for paving the way. This setup is the best upgrade I've done to the F6B. The led headlights made a huge difference as well to making the F6B my favorite way to get somewhere, or even nowhere!
The biggest difference in sound quality from changing to the Clarion, was in clarity and stereo separation. Definitely improved stereo imaging and soundstage.