Audio enhancement perma-grin style - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Most the models of speakers I have looked at have Ferrite magnets on the woofers and Neodymium magnets on the tweeters, The picture you showed me of the speakers lined up, sure looked like the woofer had a ferrite magnet. That would be an extremely big magnet if it were a neodymium on that woofer of yours. No matter, you made it work.

I have seen the sets on Ebay for $289. Also have seen people post that there are imposters/fake speakers claiming to be Hertz on there so it might be a gamble as to whether you are truly getting an actual Hertz speaker from one of the Ebay stores. Don't know, just passing along the info. WOuld suck to spend hard earned money for a fake, bargain or not.

Amazon has listings but at higher cost. Thinking that if I were to switch, I might want to try the 6.5" though.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    the Arc Audio amp is considered top-tier from about five years ago and a strong contender today. It has a circuit that helps sub-bass be 'reproduced' using harmonics that you can try switching on, although I myself would not use it. It is similar to the SRS bass boost already on the F6B albeit better. It is 70 watts RMS per channel and a decent match, albeit at the lower end.

The Audison drives 130watts for the woofer and 130watts for the tweeter, so it's a significant improvement in power and is a vastly superior solution. Don't let the complexity of the Audison concern you, I will be happy to program the unit and wiring notes.
    I actually listened to classical music on the way home at 80MPH. I can't say it was like being at the symphony hall, but it was reasonable considering.

I am considering offering to install the whole setup or only program the amp configured & "dialed-in" to your tastes (music type, hearing needs,etc)
    ould there be any interest? If so, send me a PM. I may reach out to the dealers and see about a group buy or discount.
    PS - do not be afraid of the youtube video related "Poor Design" - the video apparently was complaining the unit was causing interference with his head-unit
    Thanks all!
    Robert

Your offer to set up these amps is very much appreciated. At this point I am just looking at less expensive options. I'm sure the Audison, set up, sounds fantastic! Right now, its a case of "champagne taste on a beer budget". Thanks again for your generous offer and all the knowledge you have on our specific set up.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I'll verify - the installer I spoke with stated the mid bass driver was neodymium. I'm surprised to read that..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252533837361 $289 I bought my set from custom sounds for 199, however, they don't have it listed on their website. I'm wondering if it was a one-off or the like.

I do see the same model as a coaxial hcx 130 sells for 239 on Amazon or other outlets for less. I am trying to verify if you can wire the tweeter separately, although even if not, this is likely tbd best speaker for the money if you don't go audison or dsp active two way.

Stay tuned, I am talking with head of sales to find options for lowering the price, such as purchasing drivers only, quantity purchase, etc.
    Cool. I will be interested to hear what you get done. The hcx 130 can be had for $189.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

All vehicles will be different on battery vs running, as that voltage increases by two volts. You are correct there are many charges to the flat response, which is why most of not all solutions, other than JimmyTs will never sound great. You must get a dsp that cab compensate for the changes. The Audisonl has this built in, so you end up with flat response. Prior to post eq changes it also supports.

For 250, you can get this c-dsp product and with some documented magic, you can theoretically achieve the same. This product is not processing at the same high sample rate, but should suffice.

I will post what the curve looks like that comes from the head unit. I can assure you, with the Audison, the overall sound quality is very high with the head unit. I have captured SMAART fft traces comparing the signal output of source device against the measured output of the speakers.

I look forward to learning a less expensive way. That would be a holy grail.
    Robert
    Thanks , I will check that out as well. I know we all want to achieve good clean sound.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Hey Robert, when you going to get the different sub installed? Looking forward to what your results are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Hey Robert, when you going to get the different sub installed? Looking forward to what your results are.
    I have a few things keeping me away from anything at the moment. I still plan to post more here, and airgun i can hear the bass, today i decided the ability to faithfully produce the kick drum needs improvement. The snare frequency range is one of the best I've heard. So stay tuned..

Well you audio wizards, I just received my ArcAudio KS 125 and the Hertz HSK 130 speakers. Kind of comical since my audio experience has been limited to Crutchfield color matched harnesses and making sure I connect the "+" to the "+", etc. What the hell do I crossover with the crossover anyway? I'm a lost ball in high weeds on this one so I guarantee I will be reaching out to you experts for some insight/direction.

Robert, we probably need to talk about those spacers...

Robert had his made for him I believe from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) . Not positive. You can buy this in small sheets at different thicknesses.
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...ickid=redirect
    You can also buy spacers at various thicknesses.
    These are just one example. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...a-82-4300.html

Now the thing about cutting your own is that you can make it exactly as you need and the High density plastic will be much more inert/solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Robert had his made for him I believe from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) . Not positive. You can buy this in small sheets at different thicknesses.
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...ickid=redirect
    You can also buy spacers at various thicknesses.
    These are just one example. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...a-82-4300.html

Now the thing about cutting your own is that you can make it exactly as you need and the High density plastic will be much more inert/solid.
    Yes, I went to the shop to source the material and they offered to cut it. You need a1/2 inch thickness, the box has a template you can use for the inner cutout, and use the oem speaker for the outter template by turning it upside down and draw the outline. I replaced the oem nuts with spring similar to this:spring nuts

I am out of town, i can get part number I used next week..

As far as alignment, I had one screw from the template line up with the spring nut, the other four i mounted the mid divers not centered but offset higher to give the magnet more room (although not necessary)

Keep me posted!

I'll verify - the installer I spoke with stated the mid bass driver was neodymium. I'm surprised to read that..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252533837361 $289 I bought my set from custom sounds for 199, however, they don't have it listed on their website. I'm wondering if it was a one-off or the like.

I do see the same model as a coaxial hcx 130 sells for 239 on Amazon or other outlets for less. I am trying to verify if you can wire the tweeter separately, although even if not, this is likely tbd best speaker for the money if you don't go audison or dsp active two way.

Stay tuned, I am talking with head of sales to find options for lowering the price, such as purchasing drivers only, quantity purchase, etc.
    Okay Rob, I'm all in.
    Buy once, cry once. I have serious audio gear for my sound company, why should my bike be any less capable?

Give me the list of ingredients for this recipe and where I can get them from.
    (I don't think I need the 8.9, as the 4.9 should suffice. 70W->130W isn't even a 3dB increase...)
    I'll get them on order and we'll have a project to complete!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce