Audio enhancement perma-grin style - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Okay Rob, I'm all in. Buy once, cry once.
    Oh, the insanity of it all.....

strange

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Oh, the insanity of it all.....
    This upgrade is what gave my sanity back..

I want to do this sound upgrade myself; for a winter project while the snow is on the ground and my bike is hibernating out back in the shed. Got a shed heater, beer, tunes and lights to work in... all ready to go... but I echo F6B Pilot's exclamation "Oh, the insanity of it all" ??? Why can't we leave good enough alone?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Maybe my ears really are that bad, but I don't think that stock is as bad as everyone seems to say. Now granted I have the Auto-volume on, and play music almost exclusively from my iPod. But at 75mph I can hear my tunes at volume setting 11 with no problem.

These Hertz DSK130.3 speakers ...are not weatherproof? Is the diaphragm resistant to moisture?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    These Hertz DSK130.3 speakers ...are not weatherproof? Is the diaphragm resistant to moisture?
    I need to contact Hertz again and get the official word. The pro audio company i worked with said they install these in boats all the time. They said just do not recommend blasting then with a high pressure washer, they work perfectly as is. Further, he said the marine grade speakers are rated for SALT WATER. The cones are not paper, a poly blend. The xovers are not waterproof, but I'm not using the. In the install. If you go passive and only run left and right power, you can mount the xovers in the front below the windshield and they are adaquately projected. I've also seen and read these mounted on motorcycles, so that was good enough for me.

In two weeks i have a meeting pending to talk to the us sales for both Hertz and Audison. Stay tuned for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    ... but I echo F6B Pilot's exclamation "Oh, the insanity of it all" ??? Why can't we leave good enough alone?
    Oh, I'm not complaining, but my sentiments exactly. We just want bigger, better, more in every aspect. Though, I did enjoy my new Ultimate seat on the little 250 mile loop today. And I'll enjoy the new tunes once I get these latest enhancements installed.

Im in.

Robert, where are you located? Id like to get the system for my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    I need to contact Hertz again and get the official word. The pro audio company i worked with said they install these in boats all the time. They said just do not recommend blasting then with a high pressure washer, they work perfectly as is. Further, he said the marine grade speakers are rated for SALT WATER. The cones are not paper, a poly blend. The xovers are not waterproof, but I'm not using the. In the install. If you go passive and only run left and right power, you can mount the xovers in the front below the windshield and they are adaquately projected. I've also seen and read these mounted on motorcycles, so that was good enough for me.

In two weeks i have a meeting pending to talk to the us sales for both Hertz and Audison. Stay tuned for more info.
    Has it been two weeks?
    Being retired, I lose track....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Okay Rob, I'm all in.
    Buy once, cry once. I have serious audio gear for my sound company, why should my bike be any less capable?

Give me the list of ingredients for this recipe and where I can get them from.
    (I don't think I need the 8.9, as the 4.9 should suffice. 70W->130W isn't even a 3dB increase...)
    I'll get them on order and we'll have a project to complete!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I'll be honest, if I could spend another $100 to get 2-3dB additional headroom, I would get it, unless you ride slow. The noise floor gets louder depending on your speed. I ran the same setup with just one channel per driver (4 total) and it worked, but there is a noticeable difference bridged. Of course, so many variables: helmet, windshield, environment, earplugs,etc.

It's as much about transients as it is intelligibility.. unless you heavily compress the signal, then you might not notice sections of a song are hard to make out. Also, the "speech intelligibility index" difference of a noise floor at 98dB and the output at 105dB, vs. 98dB at 102dB. Then increase speed 10MPH and, well, you get the point.

-Robert