Matte Finish bikes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matte Finish bikes

Matte Finish bikes

Does anyone here use Ratwax besides me? I've been in contact with the owner, he'd be interested in being a sponsor as well as our own special label!Attachment 23420 Thoughts?

Don't see the need

Quote Originally Posted by Nomibagger View Post
    Does anyone here use Ratwax besides me? I've been in contact with the owner, he'd be interested in being a sponsor as well as our own special label!Attachment 23420 Thoughts?
    I have had my matte silver deluxe since of march of last year and have been cleaning it as of late with a wet and wrung out micro fiber towel and a dry one to finish it. Don't see the need to spend money on something not needed. It comes out looking great and the matte finish looks as good now as it did when I bought it. JMHO

Water doesn't seal and protect.

There is a difference.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I would love to try it and see if it works on my bike! How much does it cost?
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

If It needed protecting

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Water doesn't seal and protect.

There is a difference.
    Seems like I would have seen a difference in the paint over a year and a half period and over 14000 miles. Nothing has change in the color on the bike. It looks as good now as it did when I bought it. I understand the need on shiney painted surfaces for wax and protection but this matte silver holds up very well without any outside help.

I'm hoping this is the case for the Matte White too.
    That's the color I intend to buy, and for some reason, I'm leery of the rough/porous look and feel of that paint.

Haven't found a reason

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I'm hoping this is the case for the Matte White too.
    That's the color I intend to buy, and for some reason, I'm leery of the rough/porous look and feel of that paint.
    I have not found a reason to dislike the matte finish, it cleans up nicely and seems to be very durable and has taken my abuse for a year and a half and still looks and feels nice. I used to put Bike spirit clean wax and polish on it to clean off the bugs. But it never looked any better or worse for the application so when I discovered that the bugs just wiped off with a wet micro fiber towel and I follow it with a dry one to finish, I have not used the cleaner wax and polish in over a year and it still looks the same after all that. I am sold on the matte finish, its tough.

I read a blog somewhere about a product from Meguiars. It's called Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere. The Meguiars rep was saying it was great for matte finishes. It won't leave any blotchy look to your paint like a regular wax can. I haven't tried it yet on my matte silver, but I plan on it soon.

Try some on someone else's matte finish and let me know. Meanwhile, distilled, raspberry-flavoured water works for me.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    ... Meanwhile, distilled, raspberry-flavoured water works for me.
    Yeah, I gotta find me a Rum colored F6B.