Matte Finish bikes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matte Finish bikes

Rat Wax

Yep I have used it for years....love the stuff. I have a matte Vmax as well as the F6B they both get it regularly. The UV protection and absolutely no shine formula is what I like best about it.
    In the Garage:
    2014 Yamaha VMAX 1700- Matte Grey
    2015 Honda F6B- Matte Grey

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Seems like I would have seen a difference in the paint over a year and a half period and over 14000 miles. Nothing has change in the color on the bike. It looks as good now as it did when I bought it. I understand the need on shiney painted surfaces for wax and protection but this matte silver holds up very well without any outside help.
    The problem is that you have been staring at your matte finish for a year and a half, and for over 14,000 miles... and have nothing to compare it against.

It's undergone change from the initial appearance.... but you cannot comprehend it over the elapsed time.

But hey... if your present UNPROTECTED finish makes you happy.... we're happy for you.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I'm hoping this is the case for the Matte White too.
    That's the color I intend to buy, and for some reason, I'm leery of the rough/porous look and feel of that paint.
    I have the white one since march and I love the color. I use the Honda spray and it works great! It has the matte look and when the sun hits it, it gets that mother of pearl sparkle to it. The whit will however show where all the bugs hit!

The problem I was having

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing_67 View Post
    I have the white one since march and I love the color. I use the Honda spray and it works great! It has the matte look and when the sun hits it, it gets that mother of pearl sparkle to it. The whit will however show where all the bugs hit!
    The Bike spirit cleaner wax and polish which is identical to your Honda spray wasn't taking the bugs completely off the finish I had to keep going back over it a second and sometimes a third time, and using a wet microfiber towel does take them off the first time so I stuck with it, try it on your white and see if that doesn't get it done!

The Bike spirit cleaner wax and polish which is identical to your Honda spray wasn't taking the bugs completely off the finish I had to keep going back over it a second and sometimes a third time, and using a wet microfiber towel does take them off the first time so I stuck with it, try it on your white and see if that doesn't get it done!
    I do use both. though the spray has worked well for me. I have to give them props on that.

I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The problem is that you have been staring at your matte finish for a year and a half, and for over 14,000 miles... and have nothing to compare it against.

It's undergone change from the initial appearance.... but you cannot comprehend it over the elapsed time.

But hey... if your present UNPROTECTED finish makes you happy.... we're happy for you.
    Do you think you can make a dull color duller? Its already flat, I seriously doubt you could make it flatter. this color holds up very well, I doubt you could make it worse looking than it already is. JMHO

Do you think you can make a dull color duller? Its already flat, I seriously doubt you could make it flatter. this color holds up very well, I doubt you could make it worse looking than it already is. JMHO
    too funny. Now if Honda kidnapped the Harley scheme designers and body Painters(and only them) we could get some outrageous paint jobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing_67 View Post
    too funny. Now if Honda kidnapped the Harley scheme designers and body Painters(and only them) we could get some outrageous paint jobs!
    You mean like this:

Attachment 23489

Not for me.
    Thanx.

I guess that is the reason for the matte paint

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    You mean like this:

Attachment 23489

Not for me.
    Thanx.
    That is way to busy for my liking for sure but the man is right about Harley and paint. They have some very nice paint on their bikes.

I've seen folks make a dull thread duller, but not paint.

I once didn't cut my finger off with a dull butter knife. So as it dulls I am not going to fear it any more or less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver