I wanted to share my F6B Rental Experience...

Thread: I wanted to share my F6B Rental Experience...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great review! Although The fact you actually admitted you drive a smart car did somewhat initially effect your credibility, but I got over it.
    Can't imagine why anyone would rent out their bike though, that just would NEVER work for me.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Great review! Although The fact you actually admitted you drive a smart car did somewhat initially effect your credibility....
    Attachment 23725

Jim

So this is me (Kevin). So glad you enjoyed it, Jim!

I know the founder of Riders-Share, Guillermo, and I'll tell you guys what I told him: I think this site is perfect for guys just like Jim, who want to try out a bike for a day that they're considering buying without the cost and hassle of a rental center. That's why *I* would use the site, anyway. And if every renter ends up being like Jim, I'll never regret renting out my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    So this is me (Kevin). So glad you enjoyed it, Jim!

I know the founder of Riders-Share, Guillermo, and I'll tell you guys what I told him: I think this site is perfect for guys just like Jim, who want to try out a bike for a day that they're considering buying without the cost and hassle of a rental center. That's why *I* would use the site, anyway. And if every renter ends up being like Jim, I'll never regret renting out my bike.
    Hey Kevin! Good to hear from you.

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to give you a call and head back South for another ride. You've seen my other threads, so you know what your ride did to me. I'm right at the edge of purchasing my own F6B soon. Could have gone out and bought one the next day... in fact I even stopped at Huntington Beach Honda and talked with the guys there before I brought your bike back that night. But on the drive home, I decided to prioritize some personal goals first, so I could really appreciate my purchase.

Thank you again for sharing your bike with me. I look forward to seeing you more here on the forum, and perhaps a ride together sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to give you a call and head back South for another ride. You've seen my other threads, so you know what your ride did to me. I'm right at the edge of purchasing my own F6B soon. Could have gone out and bought one the next day... in fact I even stopped at Huntington Beach Honda and talked with the guys there before I brought your bike back that night. But on the drive home, I decided to prioritize some personal goals first, so I could really appreciate my purchase.

Thank you again for sharing your bike with me. I look forward to seeing you more here on the forum, and perhaps a ride together sometime.
    Anytime, mate!

Cool

I have never heard of the site but have loaned out a bike or two. If I know you and you can ride I'm in. Had a fellow member fly into town and borrow a bike for the weekend . All I wanted was it returned full of gas. Really don't see the big deal. For me it is just a tool. I don't love it as it does not love me back and if it could it would try to kill me !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post

Nice review J! I almost bought an F6B from Huntington Beach Honda. You may have seen my post asking the forum members if I should buy the 2013 with 29000 miles for $9999 or a new 2015 blue one for $13500 and everyone said get the new one. Well, that new one was from them! But they wanted to tack on an additional $999 for assembly, $399 for freight, plus it would have cost me about $500 to have it delivered to Bend, plus they couldn't arrange financing without me being present, they said it's illegal, so $15,400 and I'd have to arrange my own financing,
    I opted for the 2013 model, delivered for free, for about $10,300 OTD. It arrived today! I grew up in West Covina, maybe 60 miles from Huntington Beach, which is where my sister and nieces and nephew lived for many years also. I'm happy with my decision though I felt those guys were a little bit misleading adding $1400 onto their advertised price. Arghhh. Anyway, small world, eh? Your bike is arriving from Kansas soon, right? I bet you're excited!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    ... Anyway, small world, eh? Your bike is arriving from Kansas soon, right? I bet you're excited!
    I can't stop buying things for it. The new rear rack came yesterday, and I picked up this from Craigslist:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

The same morning, my new Cortech Jacket showed up... in an XL instead of my previous XXXL jacket (anyone want to buy an XXXL Cortech VRX Air in Red/White/Black?)

Hitch is headed here from Chromeworld...
    Adapter is headed here from Uni-Go...
    And the best part... wait for it... the Bike has been loaded on the truck and is headed here from Kansas!

Wooohooo!!!