Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
I'm glad you're asking that question. I was reading their website today and I noticed that they include a rain cover for the seat at no charge, which leads me to believe it's necessary. Cutting up a seat to install a driver's backrest makes me uneasy and a deal breaker if the seat will soak up water. Reading over their documentation it seems to be a concern for them also.
I thought that at first too when I started to read about the Ultimate seats. One ride on one though convinced me I would deal with the rain issue one way or another. The seat is that good. If you are still comfortable on the stock seat then stay with it. I made it a year and 12000 miles on the stocker and then made the mistake of trying a friends Ultimate. As reported in this thread, the seat may not be as susceptible to rain as we may think. Perhaps Ultimate is just trying to cover all bases as a responsible company should by including the rain cover. I will buy the cover and enjoy this seat as I enjoy the incredible bike it sits on.