Honda F6B reclassified
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda F6B reclassified

Honda F6B reclassified

While we continue to discuss whether or not Honda will continue to produce the F6B or what the future holds for the full wing, Honda has been discreetly classifying the F6B as a touring model. To be clear I didn't harvest secretly embedded files smuggled out of Kumamoto. It's Honda's web site that classifies the F6B as a Touring model and as a Cruiser and on the Canadian web site the F6B sits beside the the full wing as a Tourer only.

I can't be a 100% sure but I believe when I was shopping around looking to pay full price in 2013 it was known as a cruiser only and the new generation Valk was not yet a reality. In fact, there was a lot of speculation that there wouldn't be another Valkyrie.

As I've mentioned before in a previous thread it's my belief that Honda has been listening or watching what trends with the F6B and may pursue the touring avenue with this bike. It's an easy road to go down since all Honda really needs to do is design additional storage for the B -ala- previous generation Valk Interstate and continue to follow how consumers are modifying their B's.

After all, from cruiser to tourer is how today's full wing evolved over the last 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    While we continue to discuss whether or not Honda will continue to produce the F6B or what the future holds for the full wing, Honda has been discreetly classifying the F6B as a touring model. To be clear I didn't harvest secretly embedded files smuggled out of Kumamoto. It's Honda's web site that classifies the F6B as a Touring model and as a Cruiser and on the Canadian web site the F6B sits beside the the full wing as a Tourer only.

I can't be a 100% sure but I believe when I was shopping around looking to pay full price in 2013 it was known as a cruiser only and the new generation Valk was not yet a reality. In fact, there was a lot of speculation that there wouldn't be another Valkyrie.

As I've mentioned before in a previous thread it's my belief that Honda has been listening or watching what trends with the F6B and may pursue the touring avenue with this bike. It's an easy road to go down since all Honda really needs to do is design additional storage for the B -ala- previous generation Valk Interstate and continue to follow how consumers are modifying their B's.

After all, from cruiser to tourer is how today's full wing evolved over the last 40 years.
    Huh? As long as I can remember it has been in both the cruiser and touring categories.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

What is the definition of Cruiser and Tourer?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

As I stated I don't remember it ever marketed as a tourer when I was looking but I'm old and my memory is foggy and I paid full price.
    That said I believe that Honda wants to keep it around as a tourer. As they move the full wing into the next phase, whenever or whatever that will be, the B's future might be a full on touring bike. Which it is not, at the moment, and may answer the question of the B's future.

If they were to redesign the next generation wing with removable trunk they may be able to eliminate the b as a separate bike and make it a trim level

Speculation is a wonderful thing but a total waste of time and thought..Whatever Ma Honda has planned for the future has long been in the "pipeline" so to speak and is probably already in production for next year!!!...Just enjoy what you have and wait and see....Regards and ride safe...

Cruiser verses Tourer

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    What is the definition of Cruiser and Tourer?
    My M109R Suzuki Boulevard was a Cruiser absolutely no place to put anything else on the bike but your butt and no Cruise control, no wind shield, no heated grips, no center stand, no AM FM radio. My F6B Deluxe is a Tourer loaded with lots of places to put your stuff, and all the nice controls for touring the world.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    My M109R Suzuki Boulevard was a Cruiser absolutely no place to put anything else on the bike but your butt and no Cruise control, no wind shield, no heated grips, no center stand, no AM FM radio. My F6B Deluxe is a Tourer loaded with lots of places to put your stuff, and all the nice controls for touring the world.
    I think it is more of a tourer because it doesn't really have the cruiser chassis. The full Wing is built on a UJM platform, and the F6B is a full Wing minus a couple of items. When you sit on an F6B, your riding position is not traditional cruiser position, despite the seat's attempt to make you feel that way. When I used to go back and forth between the F6B and VStar, it was a totally different ride and handling experience.

Something I noticed on the F6B page on the Honda website ... they mention adjustable air suspension as one of its features ... a mistake? a look into what may be coming? Or does the 2017 model have it and I missed that news story?!?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

No matter how you define it ,I remember Honda having the F6B inder both categories on their website back to the 2013 models. Just saying. I was drooling over the F6B since they first announced it.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Ya, I've seen it listed in both catagories, ever since they started making them. I think the stupid little stock windshield, helps it slip into the cruiser category. 99 percent of us swap that out in the 1st week of use. Like Jimmytee said, I also was drooling over the 6 when I 1st saw one.