Springfield YES!.....no.....

Thread: Springfield YES!.....no.....

Springfield YES!.....no.....

Leaning back to a "B" after a short term lusting for the new Indian Springfeild. When I first saw pics of the new Springfeild about a year ago thought, man that's a nice looking bike. Did see a few Indians here and there around town and love the swoopy-classic retro lines of the newer models. I was at a local dealer 2-3 months ago having a set of tires mounted . They are also a Indian dealership. The Indian area is a very comfy place to hang out while waiting on your tires to be replaced , warm low-level lighting , wood floors , very cushy big chairs & sofas and big screen tv . They had a couple Springfeilds on the floor , the red is real pretty but the black one with all that chrome just really pops , what a gorgeous bike. Everywhere you look , the proportions and design couldn't be much better. So I thought well once again after considering other bikes then taking them off my " need to test ride list " , here's one I need to ride. Have been doing quite a bit of research . Most of the bike mags and online reviews give it fairly high praise in its category. Smooth powerful engine , comfortable seating position , modern features with classic-retro looks. Lately have been reading more owner reviews , likes dislikes . They say anything much over 70-80 degrees the engine heat is very noticeable and 90+ it's almost unridable. So guys are adding leather flaps at the back of the tank and insulation under the seat to try to solve this problem . Another thing I here is wind protection & buffeting issues. So adding taller or shorter windscreen , fork wind deflectors and leather deflectors on the crash bars to try to solve this problem . Of course the more wind-weather protection that is added the more the engine heat is almost unbearable. Other smaller issues I'm reading with owners have taken this bike off my " must test ride list " . I guess overall design-evolution of a motorcycle in general is a good thing . Still think that Springfeild is a BEAUTIFUL motorcycle , but think I'll lean back to the "B" , really the most modern , practical designed cruise-tourer out there right now. I do love the matte grey B , beautiful just in a different way .

Only 1 problem

Its missing 4 cylinders? that's a lot of power to give away for the same money and the next thing. You don't have to try and get those bugs off of all that chrome. I use water and a microfiber towel on my 2015 matte silver deluxe and it come out just fine. I have heard people had to wear leggings to keep the heat from overcooking their legs. Indian and Harley have the same problem. Not so on the F6B as the heat blows right by you and you never have that problem. Your wise to choose a B over the twin.

Many of us long-time Gold Wing riders have gone through the same thing, soupbean, but more directed towards the long-distance touring motorcycles. I know I have many times.
    Test ride, after test ride, I'd get back on my Wing and after a few miles down the road, it was; "what was I thinking...there ain't no way I'm giving up this Wing!!"
    When the new Indians first came out, they lit a fire under my saddle big time for a while, but I still wasn't willing to give up the liquid-cooled, flat six engine.
    However, one ride on an F6 though, I knew I had to have one. Haven't looked at "another lady" since....

I think you should get one of these and a F6B.
    I test rode this (Ducati Diavel) 2X yesterday, an Indian Scout, and m;y buddies Triumph Thunderbird.
    My take away is I will always have the F6B for 90% of my riding but damn that Ducati Diavel sure would be nice to play with now and again.
    Steve

Attachment 23385

Don't I look good on the Ducati Diavel?

steve diavel.jpg

It would good in the garage next to the fast Black F6B. It looks like its sporty young cousin.
    Steve

Diavel

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Don't I look good on the Ducati Diavel?

Attachment 23386

It would good in the garage next to the fast Black F6B. It looks like its sporty young cousin.
    Steve
    That bike does look good on you . I need to sell one , maybe two bikes before I get a "B". Ideally I'd like to keep the VFR and get a F6B also. It's a 2010 VFR1200 with the dual-clutch transmission. 1,237 cc V-4 , 170 hp 95 ft,lbs. at the crank , a truly incredible bike in all aspects. (see my albums) The gloss red & black and flat silver of the"B" would contrast nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I think you should get one of these and a F6B.
    I test rode this (Ducati Diavel) 2X yesterday, an Indian Scout, and m;y buddies Triumph Thunderbird.
    My take away is I will always have the F6B for 90% of my riding but damn that Ducati Diavel sure would be nice to play with now and again.
    Steve

Attachment 23385
    That is the bike I would love to add if I could add a third bike.(Technically 4th ) 162 hp ans 450-to just under 500 lbs depending on which model. Yep
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
    Leaning back to a "B" after a short term lusting for the new Indian Springfeild. When I first saw pics of the new Springfeild about a year ago thought, man that's a nice looking bike. Did see a few Indians here and there around town and love the swoopy-classic retro lines of the newer models. I was at a local dealer 2-3 months ago having a set of tires mounted . They are also a Indian dealership. The Indian area is a very comfy place to hang out while waiting on your tires to be replaced , warm low-level lighting , wood floors , very cushy big chairs & sofas and big screen tv . They had a couple Springfeilds on the floor , the red is real pretty but the black one with all that chrome just really pops , what a gorgeous bike. Everywhere you look , the proportions and design couldn't be much better. So I thought well once again after considering other bikes then taking them off my " need to test ride list " , here's one I need to ride. Have been doing quite a bit of research . Most of the bike mags and online reviews give it fairly high praise in its category. Smooth powerful engine , comfortable seating position , modern features with classic-retro looks. Lately have been reading more owner reviews , likes dislikes . They say anything much over 70-80 degrees the engine heat is very noticeable and 90+ it's almost unridable. So guys are adding leather flaps at the back of the tank and insulation under the seat to try to solve this problem . Another thing I here is wind protection & buffeting issues. So adding taller or shorter windscreen , fork wind deflectors and leather deflectors on the crash bars to try to solve this problem . Of course the more wind-weather protection that is added the more the engine heat is almost unbearable. Other smaller issues I'm reading with owners have taken this bike off my " must test ride list " . I guess overall design-evolution of a motorcycle in general is a good thing . Still think that Springfeild is a BEAUTIFUL motorcycle , but think I'll lean back to the "B" , really the most modern , practical designed cruise-tourer out there right now. I do love the matte grey B , beautiful just in a different way .
    Having owned a couple of Victory's, I still hang out once in while at the local Indian/Victory dealer here...Although I also like the Springfield, I prefer the new Chieftian Dark Horse..It is a really nice bike and has more features than the Springfield...After kicking tires for a while again, I got back on my F6B and rode away a happy camper....Much nicer bike in my opinion....Regards