Gps

Thread: Gps

Gps

Received my Zumo 390 in the mail today, using the supplied ram mount I have it secured to the clutch bracket. Because I am some what lazy I am going to wire it into the left side cubby. my question is I hear talk of people being able to use the audio 3.5mm plug to hook their gps to the speakers. My 390 does not have a 3.5 jack, just a usb port in the back, am I sht out of luck ? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Received my Zumo 390 in the mail today, using the supplied ram mount I have it secured to the clutch bracket. Because I am some what lazy I am going to wire it into the left side cubby. my question is I hear talk of people being able to use the audio 3.5mm plug to hook their gps to the speakers. My 390 does not have a 3.5 jack, just a usb port in the back, am I sht out of luck ? Thanks in advance
    I am using the Bluetooth way of listening to the directions.
    By way of a sena 20s.
    Seems now a days Bluetooth is the way these things are going.
    shortleg

I take that back, I do have a 3.5 audio thingy, was hidden under a flap on the bottom of the unit, have to get used to these Zumo's.

Just finished wiring the Garmin in the left side cubby now for a 200 mile trip to a town I have never been to before, will be my first time w/ a gps on a bike.

You will love it. Just be careful, they can be distracting. Last fall I finally put one on the bike. I'm still a paper map person but slowly starting to get it. My probolm is I'm old enough to still not trust the electronic stuff. Ya I still have a pouch with paper maps in the side bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    You will love it. Just be careful, they can be distracting. Last fall I finally put one on the bike. I'm still a paper map person but slowly starting to get it. My probolm is I'm old enough to still not trust the electronic stuff. Ya I still have a pouch with paper maps in the side bag.
    Same here and I carry an old Nuvi in the trunk, just in case, case.

So, you're good to go with audio to the speakers?